OP
dank reefer

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to thank you all for all the responses you have given about this sump. I guess once I have it in hand I will see first hand what the pros and cons will be with the hardware i currently have.

I will start using the triton method on this one and see how well, or bad my tank responds to it.

What does have me concerned is the return chamber, and if it will accept my cor-20 pump [emoji51]

OP
OP
dank reefer

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say this... I sent them (Bashsea) a message a couple of minutes ago, and they responded with the following...

Hello Jose thanks for your support!... I'm not sure who is saying that the pump section is 5 x 5 that is clearly wrong or they are talking about a completely different sump model like the 30x10 biofuge series... I will attach the exact dimensions of the model you purchased and I will check with premium to make sure they have their numbers correct but the pump out section on the smart 30x15 is NOT 5x5!!

Drain section - 13x14.5"
Middle Section - 10x14.5"
Pump Section - 6.5x8.25"

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
There are many beautiful sumps now on the market and bashea is no doubt one of them

bashea-filter-system-reefs.jpg

OP
OP
dank reefer

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many beautiful sumps now on the market and bashea is no doubt one of them

bashea-filter-system-reefs.jpg
That is a beautiful sump. And although I want it to look good, I need it to perform stellar. I've read about their sumps for a bit, and I've heard that their build quality is great. I'm not going to that they are 100% perfect but which company is?

I'm really excited to receive it. But I get excited about any new equipment I get for my tanks.

kkegley21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you just picked it up, but how are you liking it so far? Build quality, and functionality?

I have not got it going. Next week I add water to my new system. Went crazy at MACNA and bought a ton including a water box 130 off AI.

OP
OP
dank reefer

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!! I am going to order mine today, did you get it from Premium Aquatics?
I purchased it from my lfs Nemo's Reef, which led ordered it directly from Bashsea. Check your local lfs first to see if they can order it for you.

OP
OP
dank reefer

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just wanted to give an update on the newly installed sump.

Since it's been installed, my Salinity probe has been dipping almost everyday and I am going to blame the probe holders that came with the sump. The seem to be to close to where the water comes over from the first chamber, which is causing air bubbles to get into the probe. I left for a couple of days for work, and when I check Fusion, I saw this.

After panicking that my ATO was flooding my sump, I had my sexy, beautiful wife stick her hand in the sump and shake the probe in the water and after a minute or two the probe starting reading fine. But it seems to be doing it every day.

So I will be moving the salinity probe (and maybe the other probes into the return section or where the water drains into the return section.
e78ebf011fc5deb99558d20948ae890f.jpg

taima1shu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on how the sump is working out for you? Would you buy this sump again if you had the choice?

OP
OP
dank reefer

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely buy it again. The build quality is great and havent had any issues with the sump. There is plenty of room for my equipment in there with some room to spare. I did cross over to the Trident method, but the center fuge section is big enough to grow cheato with hardly no bleeding of light to the other sections of the sump. If I were to do it again, I would of gone with the slightly bigger version of this same sump just to have more water volume, but its doing a great job on my 90g.

The probe issue I was having was caused by microbubbles getting into the probe it self.
eb71d8ac83eceeb916669a3a2b670966.jpg
3d149b44ed25b91ed3a81040a9d66107.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back