Best Bottom Feeder - Advice Please

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is cycled and into week 7 - I only have 2 clowns in there at the moment and some macro dry rock and Caribsea 'special grade' aragonite as the substrate.

I"m feeding the clowns pellets and Mysis frozen shrimp - clowns don't scour the substrate for food that have fallen, especially the pellets.

Could I please have some recommendations on the best possible bottom type dweller invert or even a fish to add that'll roam the substrate for the pellets/frozen shrimp that made its way to the substrate?

Thank you

OP
OP
R

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I'll go tomorrow and pick up them snails as a start, and as well maybe a hermit to make things extra interesting. Are all hermits reef safe, and is there a particular one that is better for the purpose of a 'bottom cleaner' of leftover food?

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I'll go tomorrow and pick up them snails as a start, and as well maybe a hermit to make things extra interesting. Are all hermits reef safe, and is there a particular one that is better for the purpose of a 'bottom cleaner' of leftover food?
Uh, no hermit crabs. They will kill your snails for their shells.

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with nassarius snails for best cleaning bottom dweller. But my vote goes for blue spot jawfish since it's the coolest bottom dweller. Just make sure have a lid if you get one because these guys jump.

Attachments

• PXL_20220918_220727409.jpg
    PXL_20220918_220727409.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 49

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with nassarius snails for best cleaning bottom dweller. But my vote goes for blue spot jawfish since it's the coolest bottom dweller. Just make sure have a lid if you get one because these guys jump.
Joke? Your photo is not a jawfish...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back