Best dosing pump for Triton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had experience with the Jebao automatic doser? Pros Cons

Which doser do you recommend and why?

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of about 20 I read 1 bad. Been running mine since 3/25/15 without issue. Love this thing! Especially after manually dosing for 6yrs [emoji15][emoji106]

OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of about 20 I read 1 bad. Been running mine since 3/25/15 without issue. Love this thing! Especially after manually dosing for 6yrs [emoji15][emoji106]

Thanks for commenting. I'm Hoping to hear from someone running it much longer.

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go that route pls update this thread. I'm going to be doing the same thing. Debating a few options on how I wanna dose.

heathd.hd

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I've been trying to find anyone that's using reef angel dosers.

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like the Pac Sun Kore 5th. I even bought a second unit for another setup im doing (farm :bigsmile: ).

It can be tricky if your not good with computers but its by far the best value for your money for a unit that actually works accurately (Avoid Jebao). Oh and get the DropDose attachment, its worth its weight in gold.

OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be tricky if your not good with computers but its by far the best value for your money for a unit that actually works accurately (Avoid Jebao). Oh and get the DropDose attachment, its worth its weight in gold.[/QUOTE]

Have you owned the Jebao?

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be tricky if your not good with computers but its by far the best value for your money for a unit that actually works accurately (Avoid Jebao). Oh and get the DropDose attachment, its worth its weight in gold.

Have you owned the Jebao?[/QUOTE]

I have not but I have read many accounts of its calibration shifting drastically and how difficult the Menu is to configure since if you want to change the dosage you need to adjust the dosage on EVERY cycle (ex: 24 cycles per day if doing once per hour).

jt17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the GHL profilux for dosing for 2 1/2 years with no problems. I chose this doser because it's a reliable brand that many people have had success with for many years. GHL has excellent customer support too, I have yet to read anyone having a positive customer service experience with Jaboe, in fact they have none. If you have a problem with a Jaboe you are out of luck. I owned 2 wp10 and neither worked longer than 6 months. Jaboes can steal the look of ecotech's vortechs or GHLs doser, but they didn't steal what is inside. So while this doser looks exactly like the GHL and Fauna Marin dosers, you can be assured that what's inside are the cheapest parts out there. Ask yourself this: do you trust Jaboe? I have seen Jaboe sell their wp power heads with Ecotech actually written on the box. I'm assuming this was for the Chinese market where Ecotech can't protect their intellectual property. It's hard for me to trust a product sold by a company like this and I need to have a certain level of trust in any product that could kill my corals if it malfunctions.

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I own 2 jebao dosing pump and I love it. I don't need to calibrate it since I can run trial and get the result I want. Example I want to dose 5ml then I will set it to dose 5ml in a measuring cup now I can see the result and adjust either 4ml or 6ml to get the right dose. Simple to set up and for the price you can beat it. 1 Bubble magus = to 3 jebao. I run zeo so I dose a lot curently I have 7 different thing to dose.

maidia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost a year and half with Jebao 4 dosers, love it. Never have any problem. It's very quiet, sometime I thougth it dead but not...:)

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of the Neptune DOS dosers that I'm pretty happy with. They are incredibly accurate down to .1ml. My other doser is a custom built wifi doser, that is also very reliable and accurate, but its a bit slower at 1.2ml/min. Being that the motors are AC they have never veered from the 1.2ml/min...incredibly quiet as well, much more than the DOS system.

OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of the Neptune DOS dosers that I'm pretty happy with. They are incredibly accurate down to .1ml. My other doser is a custom built wifi doser, that is also very reliable and accurate, but its a bit slower at 1.2ml/min. Being that the motors are AC they have never veered from the 1.2ml/min...incredibly quiet as well, much more than the DOS system.

Are you offering to build me one? :)

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually my original intent was to create a DIY kit for people using DC peristaltic dosing pumps but I couldn't get the companies of the quality pumps to sell them to me as they have contracts with other manufacturers. Using DC pumps is much more affordable but the electrical engineering aspect was way over my head.

The current system has two pumps but is expandable to four.

The controller is very basic, time of day to turn on and for how many seconds. With a bit of programming work you could really fine tune it. But again, that was over my head as well. I'm happy with what I have though. I'll look for my write up and share it with you.

OP
OP
Fishinwall

Fishinwall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@djbetterly Where do things stand with your prototype?
I'm not computer savvy enough to play with DIY Electronics.
How much would a finished one cost and would it be controllable with an iPhone?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back