BIg Eel Tank set up

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we have finally pulled the fingers out so to speak and today started with the pipe work and rock work in the new big Eel tank, 90% of the pipe work will be hidden, but any exposed areas will be covered with Silicone and then aragonite\crushed coral will be embedded into it, to give it a more natural look, we have a tonne more rock to play with, so over the next couple of weeks we will put it all to bed and get some water in it,
Messy stuff starts this saturday with the EMarco cement work, always liked playing with this stuff, the tank will house our very large Tessalata and 3 adult white eyed morays
It's a custom tank built by a good friend, sliding locking glass lids (Thick)
let the fun begin

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had issues using glass over saltwater … since this is the predator tank forum this will be a fish only tank I take it?
Eels will love the glass ;)
We currently use polycarb on their tank, so the glass sliding lids will be awesome, no corals in this, we have enough tanks around the place

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t wait to see the finished result!
we cant either, we have just gone through the massive floods here in Queensland, thankfully we got through ok, and there has been a delay on delivering the E Marco cement, we just got it on Friday (will take some video footage later today, in the afternoon we will get some water in it and clean it up alittle we will get into the last of the rock work and hopefully get some fresh water into the beast to clean it up alittle and we will have a saltwater delivery soon to fill it
:)

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after a massive day yesterday I finished all the rockwork, checked all the piping and we started to fill it up today, and to be honest it looks amazing
the amount of pipework I have hidden with the rocks was no easy feat lol, but well worth it, about 14 days to cycle it and I will move the Eels in, with a couple of other surprise inhabitants

OP
OP
The Salty Reefer

The Salty Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it. Can you post some videos of the locking lids? Im looking for ideas on how i want to do my next one. Also definitely record the transfer of those beasts.
for sure, will do a video tomorrow after work :)
hopefully the big boy doesnt try to jump out of the net again, last time was an adventure and we had to stop filming hahah

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for sure, will do a video tomorrow after work :)
hopefully the big boy doesnt try to jump out of the net again, last time was an adventure and we had to stop filming hahah
Yeah when they dont want to behave they can be a handful for sure. Ive had a 3-4ft green moray end up on the floor before and he took off like a rocket haha

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back