Blasto tips and placement help

FreshwaterConvert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so a little backstory: I’m a newer reefer but I’ve been a freshwater keeper a few years, and I work at my LFS.

I have a 13.5 gallon fluval evo that’s been setup since mid January this year (so about 3 1/2 months). Rn I do weekly water changes and I don’t have a skimmer or fuge but I wanna get some macros in the near future.

stocking wise I have a bunch of snails and hermits, a peppermint shrimp, and a purple spot mantis shrimp. I have 11 zoas, a paly, some mushrooms, and a sun coral.

I recently came across blastos at my LFS which caught my eye and I’ve started researching them. I’ve heard they like moderate light and flow. So, my question is, does anyone have any other tips for these guys? My sun coral gets fed mysis and krill, along with reef roids and phyto feast so for feeding I was planning on giving the blasto a bit whenever I feed the sun coral.

picture below is circled where I think the best place might be but please make any suggestions you’ve got.

It’ll be my first photosynthetic LPS. I do have an ATO. Lighting schedule also posted.
Thanks so much

E5D97584-5FFB-45C0-BE07-A190D9646A10.jpeg D7A21CAE-EBCB-41D8-828C-C6752080E95E.jpeg 8921BFA6-AC27-4003-BC2F-F34885E6C752.png

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blastos are a pretty easy LPS - they do love to be spot fed, so feed them whenever you feed your other inhabitants. They can adjust to higher flow, but generally speaking prefer lower to moderate flow.

I've gotten the best colors out of them in lower to moderate lighting areas.

Upvote 0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back