Bubba's SPS Journey

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I know the angel pain.

Have you thought about cutting off 2 pieces of yours and placing one in lower light and higher light in comparison to where the colony is just to see what happens?
To be honest, no. I have a lot of acros so it fell to the wayside for me honestly. [emoji16] And since hearing a lot of other reports of never getting it to look like the mother, I didn't bother. I'm a terrible reefer. [emoji22]

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, no. I have a lot of acros so it fell to the wayside for me honestly. [emoji16] And since hearing a lot of other reports of never getting it to look like the mother, I didn't bother. I'm a terrible reefer. [emoji22]

Send me 2 and I’ll do it. Slacker. Lol! I actually don’t have any room myself and my buddy just sent me a bunch high end. I still don’t know what I’ll do with them. The struggle.

I wonder what bubba is going to do with all these new ones. He’s been on a coral spending spree. Haha

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send me 2 and I’ll do it. Slacker. Lol! I actually don’t have any room myself and my buddy just sent me a bunch high end. I still don’t know what I’ll do with them. The struggle.

I wonder what bubba is going to do with all these new ones. He’s been on a coral spending spree. Haha
I just want to see what magical creature he turns the CC Heaven and Hell into. Whatever it is, its going to be awesome!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a different pic of the original.
4F556898-956C-46D8-9F4E-58808A924A73.jpeg

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you use to dip?
I use Bayer. I normally set a timer whenever I put the frags in the dip but I forgot to this time. I got the first 3 frags going before I remembered. I left those 3 in the dip while I started the timer from the beginning for the other two, thinking it would not be an issue, well it was :(. Second two frags still look good but those first 3 are not happy.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I'm a user of bayer. How long were they in the dip?
Good question but I don't know, that's the issue, lol. Way longer than they should of been. My wife bought me some latex gloves that were size medium, when in reality I probably need an x-large, it was also my first time using gloves to dip. I was taking off and putting on gloves that didn't fit, trying to find my phone to set the timer and whatever else was going on. The frags looked great for about 30 mins in the tank but then the 3 I left extra long in the dip lost a little color, nothing crazy. I feel horrible for what I did to Ty's frags :(.

The Baton rouge and lava monster still are looking awesome! The Baton rouge looks like it's a grafted coral with the green streaks through it!

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question but I don't know, that's the issue, lol. Way longer than they should of been. My wife bought me some latex gloves that were size medium, when in reality I probably need an x-large, it was also my first time using gloves to dip. I was taking off and putting on gloves that didn't fit, trying to find my phone to set the timer and whatever else was going on. The frags looked great for about 30 mins in the tank but then the 3 I left extra long in the dip lost a little color, nothing crazy. I feel horrible for what I did to Ty's frags :(.

The Baton rouge and lava monster still are looking awesome! The Baton rouge looks like it's a grafted coral with the green streaks through it!
The frag adoption agency said you were going to be a good parent to my babies! [emoji30]

Why Bubba! Why! [emoji12]

I know! I was telling the LFS owner of RCA that I feel like its a grafted type acro. The way the green splotches on there doesn't look like a natural pattern at all!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frag adoption agency said you were going to be a good parent to my babies! [emoji30]

Why Bubba! Why! [emoji12]

I know! I was telling the LFS owner of RCA that I feel like its a grafted type acro. The way the green splotches on there doesn't look like a natural pattern at all!
Lol, the 3 don't actually look too bad. Polyps are out and they are healthy but just picture them as if they went into a zeovit tank, lol. If a couple people didn't want a pic now, I would of just waited two weeks to take a pic and they would look perfectly fine.

I'm gonna share the Baton Rouge tomorrow. That one is very unique.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thing is nuts. I doubt it looked like that after awhile. What I do know is that it is possible to get it to color again like that just takes time and stability
I've collected over 40+ Mari/wild acro colonies over the years. Milles generally come in with sizzling colors and then drastically change in tank conditions. That's what I chalked this one up to as well. I've personally never gotten any one back to the colors they came in with and I feel I do a decent job of pulling colors from acros. Perhaps a zeo-type system can do it... More closely tuned to super low nutient levels ans really high par like the wild.

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the ARC Ultra milli in the new tank and under the radions. Color is shifting for sure. Before it was this almost solid hot pink milli with a little greenish/blue deep inside. Under the radions more of that greenish/blue color is showing. Maybe it's the long lost Heaven and Hell, lol.

Arc Ultra milli.jpg

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the ARC Ultra milli in the new tank and under the radions. Color is shifting for sure. Before it was this almost solid hot pink milli with a little greenish/blue deep inside. Under the radions more of that greenish/blue color is showing. Maybe it's the long lost Heaven and Hell, lol.

Arc Ultra milli.jpg
[emoji23][emoji7] It looks great Bubba! Sorry for all the CC Heaven and Hell distractions on your thread.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back