Bubba's SPS Journey

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That for sure is a great list!

I have the Purple monster and have a DFS Pink Panther I bought coming next week. I tried to get the 20k lokani from John Copps but the price just seemed a little high for the size IMO.

The pearlberry is a must! I thought I bought one but as it's growing it don't look right to me.

I shall remember you for 20K lokani and Pearlberry . Its the slowest probably as slow as Pink Panther and hence the price tag may be. John's as real as it comes.
It might take a year or so for my 20Ks to be fraggable .

Regards,
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where'd you source your pearlberry from?
The infamous Purple Monster! You never hear of it any more.
Isn't that the one that started all this coral- naming craze?

I know Tim @av99 has pearlberry for sure .

Regards,
Abhishek

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That for sure is a great list!

I have the Purple monster and have a DFS Pink Panther I bought coming next week. I tried to get the 20k lokani from John Copps but the price just seemed a little high for the size IMO.

The pearlberry is a must! I thought I bought one but as it's growing it don't look right to me.
I have a decent little mini colony of pearl berry. Wouldn’t be worth it to ship one frag but down the road I’m sure we could work a trade

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think FarmerTy has a Pearlberry too
I have 4 different Pearlberries from 4 different vendors. [emoji53]

The one in my display tank I feel is the real deal but still growing out the other 3 just in case. [emoji23]

You just never really know these days unless its still attached to the ORA plug from like 5 years ago.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the lid is not air tight. In the pic you can see how I have it plumbed. I am running two canisters for the scrubber so when one media runs out I don’t see a drop in ph before I have a chance to change it.
9410A5F3-F06A-4D93-8C7E-2CE7619515F1.png
Did you see a decrease on the air intake into the skimmer? When BRS tested this I bought the canister that had I think 1/4" tubing / connection. I never thought to run it like you are. I've got plenty of canisters I could use. My ph averages 7.8 (between 7.6 and just under 8).

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you see a decrease on the air intake into the skimmer? When BRS tested this I bought the canister that had I think 1/4" tubing / connection. I never thought to run it like you are. I've got plenty of canisters I could use. My ph averages 7.8 (between 7.6 and just under 8).
I thought I would see a decrease in air intake but I never noticed one. The skimmer bubble level never changed when I connected it. With 1/4" tubing I'd imagine it slowing the airflow down.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bubbaque i got my pearlberry from Tim
@aquavista99 i think his is legit but there are rumors ora had two different pearlberrys so who really knows

All I know is I trust Tim and his corals are pimp daddy and a pleasure to order from

And if you go to Tim , make sure you check his Raging Bull and Troublemaker . Unique pieces ..

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bubbaque i got my pearlberry from Tim
@aquavista99 i think his is legit but there are rumors ora had two different pearlberrys so who really knows

All I know is I trust Tim and his corals are pimp daddy and a pleasure to order from

And if you go to Tim , make sure you check his Raging Bull and Troublemaker . Unique pieces ..
Thanks, I am going to reach out to him!
I'm stunned with all that Acropora beauties! this is insane!! where can I see a full tank picture? looked like 13 pages back and didn't find any! @bubbaque
Thank you!

A FTS is in here somewhere. It's one of those post if you don't look closely you could almost miss it!

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bubbaque , not sure if you've posted any recently, but got any killer full tank shots?

Would love to see how everything looks as a whole!

I'm stunned with all that Acropora beauties! this is insane!! where can I see a full tank picture? looked like 13 pages back and didn't find any! @bubbaque
Just kidding. No FTS yet. Most of my stuff is still small so it's not much to look at as a whole. I'm letting it grow out a little longer so you can actually see the coral in a FTS.

I do have my frag tank pics a few pages back.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely do that, that is not normal imo. I have never had my consumption go down when adding corals. Do you wash your hands first? If so with what? Do you have corals capable of substantial chemical warfare like leathers?
Wash my hands with dish soap
Only SPS Corals

And if you don’t test religiously you will miss it I am very facinated with Alk Consumption and test a crazy amount just for fun I mean before I had the khg I set an alarm every hour of the day so I could see the way my alk trended in my tank. If you test every three days it could be missed

OP
OP
bubbaque

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do u think is the best OP out there?

I was told by someone it is hands down it’s the Matt v
I only have the Sexy Corals Orange Passion and the RRA Ultimate OP. I feel the RRA isn't really like the other OP's, so I don't even really consider it the same. I do like the SC OP a ton though.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have the Sexy Corals Orange Passion and the RRA Ultimate OP. I feel the RRA isn't really like the other OP's, so I don't even really consider it the same. I do like the SC OP a ton though.
It’s tough with the way photos are changed on the line to know what is truthful and what is not. Then Add in the my tank to your tank diffence and it’s a total crap shoot of what the coral will look like.

But I love the look of OP I wanted to ad on to my BC order and he said he couldn’t frag his but Adam said he has a frag called the space laser that isn’t on his site yet that he thinks is close so we shall see

Ps your op looks happy very nice picture

Back