Bulk Reef Supply's Shipping...

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does brs handle stolen goods? Someone stole my radion 30 pro today...[emoji24]

Oh no, I am so sorry that happened! :( Can you shoot me a PM with your email address and/or order number and I'll connect with our CS team on this one?

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not only that, but often, the mail carrier doesn't give a rats if you paid for signature confirmation or not. THey just throw it at my door, no matter how many times the box says fragile or how many times I specify signature required.

Mail men give no effs.

This isn’t true, if there is a signature confirmation it is not possible to leave it at the door without one.....

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn’t true, if there is a signature confirmation it is not possible to leave it at the door without one.....

It may not be true for you, but it is for me. They do whatever they want. I've had deliveries that are days late be marked (when delivered) as on time.

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may not be true for you, but it is for me. They do whatever they want. I've had deliveries that are days late be marked (when delivered) as on time.

Sorry Rakie, I wasn’t trying to sound argumentative, it just surprises me because I am a mailman and what you are describing shouldn’t be possible. You can’t waive signatures on anything but express mail (certified, signature confirmation, restricted, and registered will not allow us to leave it at your door). And even the postmasters can’t modify the digital time stamps on delivery events. Sorry your carrier is providing poor service man, that kills me and I personally make sure to treat my customers mail and packages like they are the thing that pays my bills and it ticks me off when I hear about coworkers making us look bad

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry I didn't take it that way at all! But yeah, I've had a whole bunch of terrible experiences with mail carriers. It's extremely consistent in SoCal, they typically don't care at all. During christmas they leave packages on wet lawns, literally throw packages, etc etc. Of course Im in so cal, so we have a metric ton of people.

UPS seems to be the worst in my experience, and they're the ones who have marked late deliveries as "on time", been caught throwing my packages, delivering things without any confirmation, etc etc.

I gotta say, I've never had the delivery confirmation signature matter with any mail carrier. From people i've sold things to to items i've purchased -- USPS, UPS, FedEx -- Not one has actually gone through with the signature in my experience.. I've even had packages I've paid for Delivery Confirmation for in sales stolen when they were left on the porch.

So i'm glad you've had better experiences. But so far I've had nothing but bad experiences. I could write pages and pages full of my experiences. From mail carriers yelling at me, telling me they "left my packages to teach me a lesson" (long story short, I had a sore throat and tried to tell the mail man from across the street he forgot my outgoing packages. I guess it sounded like I was yelling at him so for a few weeks the local post decided to 'teach me a lesson'). I can literally go on, and on, and on.

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply is in the thread. Those guys rock and always have customer satisfaction as priority one. While I agree with supporting your LFS and do for a variety of things. However, where I live there is really only one good one and they are super honest and upfront when its better to order online.

One suggestion for safety and security would be to install a video door bell. I use a Ring doorbell and it records all motion. I have used this to show how my postal delivery person tossed a package and one time left it half way down the driveway. While it doesnt stop theft it sure does provide unquestionable evidence of mishandling and theft. It even works two way so I get notifications of movement and can bring it up and talk to who is there. Works great to give the illusion that you are home.

PolackoTaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just seen BRS reply on the thread, pm’d. Hopefully he can get the ball rolling, I think I acted to quickly with ups and PayPal but I wanted to be sure to leave a trail.

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk Reef Supply has an excellent customer service department and while i have no idea how stolen packages are handled by them, i would be willing to bet they will find a way to take care of you. Let us know how it goes.

PolackoTaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope so! Still haven’t got back to me but I think they’ll take care of business. I would like to think they put insurance on certain dollar amount packages.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope so! Still haven’t got back to me but I think they’ll take care of business. I would like to think they put insurance on certain dollar amount packages.

Just sent you a PM; I think we need an updated phone # for you. If you can send me the correct one back, our CS team is on this :)

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
porch pirates are worse than ever. Too many things like ipads sitting on the ground in front of closed doors

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
porch pirates are worse than ever. Too many things like ipads sitting on the ground in front of closed doors

Storing skimmate in a box as a decoy on your front porch would be bad... right? :D

giphy.gif

PolackoTaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I’m going to have ups hold it for pick up this time. I’ve had rock stolen before at my address so I decided to use a friends house and dang rats got me again!

PolackoTaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like things are finally on the right track! I’ll be sure to post pics of this bad boy up and running once it’s in my hands!

PolackoTaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, well finally got the confirmation from UPS that they will be sending a new unit out but now I can’t get a response back from brs. I’m sure they are just backed up from the holidays, this was a horrible experience not blaming brs but the experience as a whole just sucked considering I broke the bank to get this light. I’ll probably reconsider making expensive purchases online again. I hope who ever stole my light burns in hell!! Unless they used the money to feed some kids, in that case I still hate you! [emoji34][emoji35]

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For future orders, just put in your order comments you would prefer signature required. If you order from an online store we are required to get you the products, even if they get lost or stolen by the shipping carrier. If you dont' get them but they show delivered, we have to reship you a new order. It's up to us to get them to you, no matter what happens.

PolackoTaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got in contact with BRS today, unfortunately the pro version is out of stock til the 31st. I changed my order a bit and they are covering the difference which is awesome! Soon I get to have my dirty hands on this fixture!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 38 22.4%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 100 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back