Bulk Reef Supply's Shipping...

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, just curious if BRS requires a signature when they ship their packages. I ordered a kessil light and may not be home in time to sign for it. Was just wondering if any of you guys know from ordering in the past. Thanks!

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really? even for a kessil? sweet!
I've ordered small things, and $$ things and never had to sign. I'm sure if someone else has had a different experience they'll chime in, but you should be good to go.

OP
OP
Angelo Fatica

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered small things, and $$ things and never had to sign. I'm sure if someone else has had a different experience they'll chime in, but you should be good to go.
i can call them tomorrow and ask I guess to be sure. If worst comes to worst, Ill just leave a note on the door with my signature and hope they accept it;Happy Thanks!

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USPS has been refusing to leave packages at doors if they feel it is of value.

2 weeks ago i ordered protein powder from amazon and because of the weight of the package they stated they felt it had value and wouldnt leave it at my door. When i contacted them they stated if the driver feels the package is of value and does not feel comfortable leaving it they can take the package with them and leave a notice.

Same happened with a pair of Nike training shoes but i was ok with that one not being left as it was in a box that said Nike.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can normally see if signature is required on the tracking info online.

LobsterOfJustice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order from BRS several times a month, including one order earlier this year that included 3 Kessils and 2 T5 retros... never required a signature.

joro

That Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Porch pirates, hah! :D

I also order from BRS multiple times a month including a recent order for 3x Radions, no signature was required by BRS. It's true that all of the shipping services (UPS/FedEx/USPS) can refuse to leave a package - especially if it's apartments or townhouses in my experience - but typically for a single family home, I've had no issue. I also know my UPS guy (he's here almost every day between BRS and Amazon), so that helps as well. ;)

PolackoTaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does brs handle stolen goods? Someone stole my radion 30 pro today...[emoji24]

derek yoonie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well brs for me has been great toward me when they left like 7 filter socks and something esle a rea sea pro test kit. i live in a bad neighborhood., brs replaced it no questions ASK ! much love BRS.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not only that, but often, the mail carrier doesn't give a rats if you paid for signature confirmation or not. THey just throw it at my door, no matter how many times the box says fragile or how many times I specify signature required.

Mail men give no effs.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USPS has been refusing to leave packages at doors if they feel it is of value.

2 weeks ago i ordered protein powder from amazon and because of the weight of the package they stated they felt it had value and wouldnt leave it at my door. When i contacted them they stated if the driver feels the package is of value and does not feel comfortable leaving it they can take the package with them and leave a notice.

Same happened with a pair of Nike training shoes but i was ok with that one not being left as it was in a box that said Nike.

I would be ok with that too....in my neighborhood a box with the Nike logo would be gone in a hot second. Boxes from BRS, no problem :)

PolackoTaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly....I have not gotten a response from BRS. Since I couldn’t get a response I filed a report with UPS and PayPal. I surly hope I didn’t just lose $1000... lesson learned, another reason to support your LFS!

derek yoonie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be ok with that too....in my neighborhood a box with the Nike logo would be gone in a hot second. Boxes from BRS, no problem :)
word i feel you . any type of package would be gone in instant. plenty of thieves in my area

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back