CADE 900 Pro Reef S2 Build Thread

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to my CADE 900 Pro Reef Series 2 build! This aquarium survived the trek from Colorado (AlgaeBarn) all the way to North Pole, Alaska! Yes, that’s a real place lol.
Taking Delivery Video:

Bear with me as we backtrack for about 6 months.

I decided and kept in mind that I would be building this tank to support the life and growth of SPS corals, but also some other flowy type LPS such as torches and gonis.

Plumbing this system was pretty straightforward, but some gaskets did give me a hard time and wouldn’t seat correctly and took a couple days of messing with it to get it working correctly.
Plumbing Video:

Starting with the scape, I went with a NSA style design that took me an entire weekend to build, but an entire month to plan and execute. I decided on this style to help with the much needed flow properties that SPS coral need and require to be happy and to survive.
Scape Video:

Next it was time for the sand, keeping SPS coral requirements in mind such as higher flow, I would need heavier sand that wouldn’t blow away in much higher flow. I decided on CaribSea special grade and Hawaiian black sand.
Sand Video:

For the lights I originally went with a couple AI Hydra 32HDs, but later installed a T5 hybrid light to support the needs and growth of the soon SPS dominate reef this will become.
Video:
T5/LED Light Install Video:

There were some hiccups along the way that I caused myself, ugh.
I BROKE IT VIDEO:

I tried to fix it, but failed video:

Next it was time to get the tank wet and cycled! I used Brightwell for this system.
Video:

SPS Coral Haul Video:

Stay tuned for more and subscribe if you’d like, to my YouTube channel to stay up to date on the next upload! Thank you for stopping by!

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess I will be binge watching this. exact tank I am currently setting up. So far so good on this end. thanks for the thread.

OP
OP
SaltFishTV

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess I will be binge watching this. exact tank I am currently setting up. So far so good on this end. thanks for the thread.
That‘s awesome! Do you have a build thread I can follow as well? ill be posting more picture updates in here as well as my Instagram.

OP
OP
SaltFishTV

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok you guys! A lot has been going on in the CADE!
here’s a nice little video of some MORE SPS frags I picked up from TCK Corals:

I also recently installed a Clear Water Scrubber Algae Scrubber to battle my higher nitrate in this system:
CA2DF0C1-A642-4E5E-BB6D-EAA8B83B7175.jpeg

I also had a custom lid made for my aquarium made by Reefin Ain’t Ezy:
C94D82DC-27E8-42FF-A9FE-1781DF7A58D6.jpeg

51EF643B-A9AC-47E6-BACE-8C2814A563B3.jpeg

I have been growing SPS like no other too.

OP
OP
SaltFishTV

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I redid the algae scrubber platform to two brackets holding up the scrubber, because let’s face it, I couldn’t get into the sump from the pioneer woman glass cutting board I was using! Plus, this method looks way cleaner and makes the scrubber look as if it’s floating. Super happy with how it came out.
144C044B-F602-4C2C-8553-FF660121EE19.jpeg

6B66846C-9CE3-4E00-BA8E-998ADEF3D9C2.jpeg

41790BCB-FECC-48A6-A56C-0ECCB9216681.jpeg

E26E6BA3-AC99-487A-B595-5965C7C90F72.jpeg

K SEE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, sweet build. I’m getting the same tank soon and want to buy plastic hose clamps for the submerged ones. Can you tell me the approximate outside diameters for the return hose off the pump and the section that goes through the ATO? Also have the metal ones held up for you? Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
SaltFishTV

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, sweet build. I’m getting the same tank soon and want to buy plastic hose clamps for the submerged ones. Can you tell me the approximate outside diameters for the return hose off the pump and the section that goes through the ATO? Also have the metal ones held up for you? Thanks in advance!
Sorry for the late response and thank you!
I recently swapped out the metal hose clamps on the return side plumbing as it was beginning to rust and used the 3/4” plastic ones from BRS to get a good and tight fit. I don’t use any clamps on the return pump side that’s submerged as the hose stays in place if cut to an appropriate length. As for the ATO ones, they aren’t anywhere near the saltwater so I just left them as is. Same for the return side.

Back