Corals - dead on arrival

  • Thread starter Thread starter Don Smith
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
You could try a polyfilter. It’ll indicate by color if it pulls any copper out of the water.
Are we talking about this product?
upload_2019-7-9_14-41-54.png
 
That alk level is too high for my liking. I like mine in the 8-9 range. If your staying with sps Id test the alk at least 2 times a week.
 
That alk level is too high for my liking. I like mine in the 8-9 range. If your staying with sps Id test the alk at least 2 times a week.
How do I bring my alkalinity lower. Is there any dose for it?
 
What should be my settings? I have been told by LFS that my light is too much and too much light is killing the corals
They don’t know anything then. I have a a single hydra 26hd almost maxed out at 85 watts 12” above my 29 gallon biocube frag tank and it only generates 200-250 par 4-6 inches beneath the surface of the water, which is barely enough to keep acros alive. Your settings probably aren’t even produces 75 par where your corals are. If you want to keep sps you would need 2 more primes.
 
I may have missed it but did anyone mention what salt your using?
 
They don’t know anything then. I have a a single hydra 26hd almost maxed out at 85 watts 12” above my 29 gallon biocube frag tank and it only generates 200-250 par 4-6 inches beneath the surface of the water, which is barely enough to keep acros alive. Your settings probably aren’t even produces 75 par where your corals are. If you want to keep sps you would need 2 more primes.
Thanks.. not sure if you got a chance to look at my light settings.. Should I just increase my light settings? are you saying that I need 2 more lights prime?
 
Thanks.. not sure if you got a chance to look at my light settings.. Should I just increase my light settings? are you saying that I need 2 more lights prime?
If you want to House sps you need at least 1 more prime but 2 would be ideal. I have 2 hydra 52 HD’s over my 50 gallon cube set to 105 watts each, so 210 total. How many watts are your settings generating?
 
If you want to House sps you need at least 1 more prime but 2 would be ideal. I have 2 hydra 52 HD’s over my 50 gallon cube set to 105 watts each, so 210 total. How many watts are your settings generating?
I do not know how to figure out wattage generated by my light with my settings.
 
If you buy the water from the same LFS as the coral, then you dont need to acclimate for anything but temp.
 
But all this won’t matter if you have residual copper in your system
Some people are recommending CUPRISORB.. to remove copper.. Would this make it worse possibly?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new