Core7 in stock?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be good enough to start and hopefully by then BRS has it in stock and will ship for FREE. I am holding out hope that this all resolves itself by the time I am running low. Maybe since they have it that's an indication that its getting here. I wonder if its actually in stock. Have you contacted them to verify?

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uhh, if only people could read the first two words before posting a reply...

Just called Manhattan Aquariums and they do have some old stock left, core 7 and Other. Placed my order and its shipping in the PLASTIC CONTAINERS!

They also said shipping was a flat rate $20. I will be ordering from BRS from now on. Hopefully after Triton gets their packing machines fixed.

Last edited:

rpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully after Triton gets their packing machines fixed.

I had some leak as well but did just receive the replacement a few weeks back and no issues, I think most are out due to the leaking issue and caused a back log as the first few shipments after showing in stock were gone in a few days from what I saw.

SnowDog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this online store is crazy on shipping. a 52 dollar product almost 90 dollars with shipping to florida? ugh or am I looking at it wrong im seeing 20 $ shipping.

Manhattan has been sold out for weeks also. I tried to place an order and they emailed me that they are out. Their website is not accurate.

The story about the leaky containers is starting to sound like an excuse for Triton and not just about the containers. It's been well over a month now and that is unacceptable if we are to consider using their products given their critical role if you are also following their method.

I decided to abandon the system last week and will reevaluate at some point in the future.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manhattan has been sold out for weeks also. I tried to place an order and they emailed me that they are out. Their website is not accurate.

The story about the leaky containers is starting to sound like an excuse for Triton and not just about the containers. It's been well over a month now and that is unacceptable if we are to consider using their products given their critical role if you are also following their method.

I decided to abandon the system last week and will reevaluate at some point in the future.

I just called them two days ago and they told me they had several on the shelves. Core 7 and other. I even asked if they could ship same day and they told me yes. Placed my order and they sent me tracking the same day. I made them physically walk in the store and read me the bottles. They still have the bottles in stock and the guy I talked to didn't know anything about Triton changing over to cartons.

Screenshot_20180114-134452.jpg

SnowDog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just called them two days ago and they told me they had several on the shelves. Core 7 and other. I even asked if they could ship same day and they told me yes. Placed my order and they sent me tracking the same day. I made them physically walk in the store and read me the bottles. They still have the bottles in stock and the guy I talked to didn't know anything about Triton changing over to cartons.

Screenshot_20180114-134452.jpg

We are talking about Core7 for the triton method. You ordered the non-triton method product. Not the same.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are talking about Core7 for the triton method. You ordered the non-triton method product. Not the same.

Yes, the guy in the store walked over and read the bottles. I made sure he was going to send me the right one. He told me they had both. Just call and ask.

There number is 212-594-2272. You can call them tomorrow. I just called Friday. Now that everyone knows where to get it you may be out of luck as there are 6400 visitors and members online right now.

Last edited:

Script_Kitty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also trying to switch over.

I searched around and found a place that had it in stock on their web site, so ordered it and some test kits.

A few days later they contacted me and said they where also sold out.

They said the problem was that the eco friendly packages leaked, and that triton is “working on it”. And they should be getting some shortly.

Although i find it frustrating, i would think this would be a major issue to the people already on triton.

Although I suspect the company wont have this problem again, i plan to get a spare set when it becomes avaliabe.

On the plus side, my LFS said they are going to start carrying it amd also have it in order. I Wonder if they will end up with the Fill stations trition talked about.

I just wish they would give us a date when they expect to start shipping again.

Till then, i will just have to put up with my empty apex DOS pumps mocking me. Why did they even put a “Mock Owner” setting on those things? That just seems crule.

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton's issues now go well beyond packaging and lack of product. You don't see them on here any more do you?

So much for open communication...

M

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stock was sent from the facility last week via air shipment so if it is not in stock already should be in the next day or two.

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stock was sent from the facility last week via air shipment so if it is not in stock already should be in the next day or two.

Will the price be reduced as it has in Europe or will your customers in the US continue to pay for your miss steps in packaging and inability to meet demand to cover those miss steps?

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the price will be reduced. You will be the first to know when that happens.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, once we have enough stock in the US to be able to reduce the import costs then the price will come down. Air shipments are incredibly expensive and we are getting the product over as fast as we can at our cost. The savings will be seen after the sea shipments arrive and the inventory has been built up in our LA facility.

We were able to give Europe the price reduction quickly due to the massively reduced import costs, you will note that it is not only the US that have not seen the price drop yet, Asia have not had their prices reduced either due to their import costs.

We will do it as soon as we can...

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, once we have enough stock in the US to be able to reduce the import costs then the price will come down. Air shipments are incredibly expensive and we are getting the product over as fast as we can at our cost. The savings will be seen after the sea shipments arrive and the inventory has been built up in our LA facility.

We were able to give Europe the price reduction quickly due to the massively reduced import costs, you will note that it is not only the US that have not seen the price drop yet, Asia have not had their prices reduced either due to their import costs.

We will do it as soon as we can...

So Tim@Triton, the question was “Will the price be reduced as it has in Europe or will your customers in the US continue to pay for your miss steps in packaging and inability to meet demand to cover those miss steps?”

To which you replied:

Yes the price will be reduced. You will be the first to know when that happens.

The answer without spin; the transparent answer; what is ultimately the true answer: Triton’s customers in the US (and apparently, the rest of the world outside of Europe) is YES. Your customers will continue to pay for Triton’s miss steps in packaging and your inability to meet demand to cover those miss steps. You are, in fact, making your global customers pay for your error.

Triton has been disingenuous in their communications to date, downplaying the extent of the issues and made a poor choice in passing remediation of the problem on to their customers and distributors. You had an opportunity to partially redeem yourselves by admitting your motivations and passing the savings on to all customers.

I have said it elsewhere: Profit is not a bad thing, however when you put profit before the integrity of your product, your reputation and more importantly your customers then it is greed and that simply put... is wrong. It is unfortunate that Triton has elected to double down on wrong.

Do the right thing and pass the savings on to ALL your distributors and customers… now.

OP
OP
olaggie01

olaggie01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I completely missed any updates to this thread. I’ve yet to find any in the US but have been talking with the team at Unique and will get some Core7 once it lands in the US

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Tim@Triton, the question was “Will the price be reduced as it has in Europe or will your customers in the US continue to pay for your miss steps in packaging and inability to meet demand to cover those miss steps?”

To which you replied:

The answer without spin; the transparent answer; what is ultimately the true answer: Triton’s customers in the US (and apparently, the rest of the world outside of Europe) is YES. Your customers will continue to pay for Triton’s miss steps in packaging and your inability to meet demand to cover those miss steps. You are, in fact, making your global customers pay for your error.

Triton has been disingenuous in their communications to date, downplaying the extent of the issues and made a poor choice in passing remediation of the problem on to their customers and distributors. You had an opportunity to partially redeem yourselves by admitting your motivations and passing the savings on to all customers.

I have said it elsewhere: Profit is not a bad thing, however when you put profit before the integrity of your product, your reputation and more importantly your customers then it is greed and that simply put... is wrong. It is unfortunate that Triton has elected to double down on wrong.

Do the right thing and pass the savings on to ALL your distributors and customers… now.
Ok quite clearly you have made this into a personal mission of yours, and as you have already stated on other posts you are no longer going to be using our products anyway so this will be my last reply on this thread.

I have already apologised on behalf of the company on several occasions and explained what happened and why. The price has not increased and WE are absorbing the cost of the error by replacing ALL effected stock. The product is exactly the same as it always has been, we have simply removed the wasteful single use plastic component from the equation.

Investing in this new packaging technique cost the company several hundred thousand dollars so I'm not sure where you are seeing this greed from. The price for the rest of the world WILL reduce once import costs have reduced.

If you do choose to no longer use our products and services due to this then again I am sorry you feel this way and good luck in your future endeavours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back