Custom corner drop off tank diy

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is potentially an amazing build :) please keep us informed.

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called the company at the end of last week for an update since I hadden herd from them and he said the missing pieces and wrong sized pieces would be shipping this week. So we'll see. If i were to guess I should get them some time next week if it ships this weeks

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update just emailed the company this morning again. He told me that the acrylic company supplies them didn't keep them stocked enough or somebody in the office didn't send out for more when they were running low. So now they don't have any in stock. Im starting to get a little frustrated. It's been months now and not only are they slow to respond but have had multiple mistakes on my acrylic pieces. I just don't know what to since I have already paid for it and I'm at the mercy of the company. There a legit company but I just don't know.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that bites.... They got you over a barrel

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to suggest that if you could get your money back, you could deal with @Elder1945 instead. He's outside of Toronto. But you already have most of it and I don't think you could get out of it now without more costs. Sux.... Good luck

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea if you are stuck let me know and ill do my best to help...... My turn around time on flat cut sheets is days... not months LOL that is just crazy.. Even ordering in sheets takes me 1 day so I never quite understand peoples issues in this hobby with acrylic suppliers and or issues. Did you not receive a nest layout to sign off on with all the measurements on it?

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea if you are stuck let me know and ill do my best to help...... My turn around time on flat cut sheets is days... not months LOL that is just crazy.. Even ordering in sheets takes me 1 day so I never quite understand peoples issues in this hobby with acrylic suppliers and or issues. Did you not receive a nest layout to sign off on with all the measurements on it?
Got Nothing to sign off on. I sent them 2 sets of drawings cads and PDF format. Very simple to read then the next day after sending then the drawings I got an email asking the size of the holes for the returns and over flows. I'm like really. I told them they were on the drawing then sent them the sizes and they still messed them up by an 1/8 and 3/16.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following this build as I've always liked drop off tanks, and a question. It seems the tank bottoms and stand tops would have to be perfectly aligned or you will have an unsupported edge at the most fragile part of the tank. You seem to have put a lot of thought and engineering effort into the project. How are you dealing with this potential, or is it not the problem I imagine?

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following this build as I've always liked drop off tanks, and a question. It seems the tank bottoms and stand tops would have to be perfectly aligned or you will have an unsupported edge at the most fragile part of the tank. You seem to have put a lot of thought and engineering effort into the project. How are you dealing with this potential, or is it not the problem I imagine?
I am not to worried about it as long as everything is plumb level sqaure it should be good. I built the stand first and measured for the tank. If something does happen to be off I don't think it will be much a leveling mat or some shimming couldn't take care of fingers crossed. So far everything about this build has been a fight.

OriginalUserName

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update just emailed the company this morning again. He told me that the acrylic company supplies them didn't keep them stocked enough or somebody in the office didn't send out for more when they were running low. So now they don't have any in stock. Im starting to get a little frustrated. It's been months now and not only are they slow to respond but have had multiple mistakes on my acrylic pieces. I just don't know what to since I have already paid for it and I'm at the mercy of the company. There a legit company but I just don't know.
They definitely do not sound like a legit company. Mistakes happen, and when they do you get on it quickly. I hope you get your refund, this sounds like fraud to me.

A_Poythress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following!! I hope you are able to get a refund and that you can get things moving again with this build. Cannot wait to see this build finished!

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear it came to this. May try the BBB also, at least they will list they have an unresolved claim until you are satisfied

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back