Mity Sergio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I’m currently going on my 3rd week of cycling my tank I just wanted to reach out and see if these are normal parameters for going on the 3rd week of cycling! Thanks for the help!

Ammonia 4.0 ppm
Nitrites 0.25 ppm

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is normal in amount as this all depends on how you started it.

If you are keeping track of all the values of ammonia and nitrite, since you have nitrite right now, you should see a decrease in ammonia and a sharp spike in nitrite. In my experience the nitrite phase takes a couple days to get through.

OP
OP
Mity Sergio

Mity Sergio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I have done to the tank is add MicroBacter7, seachem stability along with ghost feeding but I’ve been stuck at this 4.0 ppm of ammonia for a few days now without seeing any surge really in my nitrites it has been these same results for about 4 days now so I was just curious if I should change something or just wait it out! But I appreciate you’re help thus far!

OP
OP
Mity Sergio

Mity Sergio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys so much! I have been dozing everyday seachem satiability and used about the whole bottle of MicroBacter7! I am currently using the API Saltwater Test Kit 550 Test one!

OP
OP
Mity Sergio

Mity Sergio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ammonia and Nitrite test was from a few hours ago but the Nitrate test I just did!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 43

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I have done to the tank is add MicroBacter7, seachem stability along with ghost feeding but I’ve been stuck at this 4.0 ppm of ammonia for a few days now without seeing any surge really in my nitrites it has been these same results for about 4 days now so I was just curious if I should change something or just wait it out! But I appreciate you’re help thus far!
How big is your tank? What's in it? (Dry rock, live rock, sand etc?) How much rock? What food are you feeding the tank and how much?

For reference with my tank I used 35lbs established live rock from tanks from a local shop. I used Dr Timms along with liquid ammonia and my ammonia would be gone in 24 hrs less than 2 weeks into cycling. But if you used dry rock it may just be taking longer.

Also may be worth it to get different testing equipment but even so you definitely still have ammonia thus are still cycling.

OP
OP
Mity Sergio

Mity Sergio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a fluval 15 gallon tank! I used Carib sea live sand, along with live rock but it came packaged dry! I’d say I have a solid 10-15 pounds of rock!

OP
OP
Mity Sergio

Mity Sergio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just been using marine pellets and I’ve thrown in 1-2 every other day or so but not often enough to where I feel like the ammonia would be as high as it is

OP
OP
Mity Sergio

Mity Sergio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? What's in it? (Dry rock, live rock, sand etc?) How much rock? What food are you feeding the tank and how much?

For reference with my tank I used 35lbs established live rock from tanks from a local shop. I used Dr Timms along with liquid ammonia and my ammonia would be gone in 24 hrs less than 2 weeks into cycling. But if you used dry rock it may just be taking longer.

Also may be worth it to get different testing equipment but even so you definitely still have ammonia thus are still cycling.
Should I wait it out a few more weeks? Or maybe buy different live bacteria such as doctor tims!?

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I wait it out a few more weeks? Or maybe buy different live bacteria such as doctor tims!?
I can only speak to my experience there are others that can more precisely direct you here. But if you are using dry rock I would wait it out for sure, I personally wouldn't add anything else to it just yet. Nature tends to work itself out in this hobby and when we try and force it things tend to go bad. But I'm sure better advice is on its way so don't worry too much

Edit: you can always take a sample of your water to your local shop and have them test and compare with your results. At least then you will know for sure where your water stands (and your testing equiptment)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mity Sergio

Mity Sergio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only speak to my experience there are others that can more precisely direct you here. But if you are using dry rock I would wait it out for sure, I personally wouldn't add anything else to it just yet. Nature tends to work itself out in this hobby and when we try and force it things tend to go bad. But I'm sure better advice is on its way so don't worry too much

Edit: you can always take a sample of your water to your local shop and have them test and compare with your results. At least then you will know for sure where your water stands (and your testing equiptment)
Yes for sure! I’ll probably just wait it out another week or two and hopefully the ammonia starts to go down! Probably just a slow cycle

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back