Cycling

Codemasterflex1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank has been cycling for about a month now. I used BRS dry rock and live sand. I used Dr. Tim’s one and only and have been dosing there bottled ammonia. I accidentally bought a second bottle of Dr. Tim’s one and only and wanted to know if I could just add that extra bottle into my cycling tank so it doesn’t go to waste.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it has no where to attach, its going to waste if you dose it.

by this long, all surfaces are fully attached per any cycling chart. it will swirl around until its exported, competing for oxygen its actually something our systems tolerate its not just neutral. its actually better not to add it, though if you do, no harm, folks buy redundant bac all day long and add it ten times over.

your water currents are the main controls for how many bac adhere to surfaces, the rest are sheared off and carried away to be sinked in the bed or exported. there is specifically zero benefit to doubling up cycling bac, but 100% no bac seller will tell you that it has to come from a bacteria nerd online with nothing to sell you.

OP
OP
Codemasterflex1

Codemasterflex1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice. Wouldnt it just attach to the bio media I have in my filter?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank has been cycling for about a month now. I used BRS dry rock and live sand. I used Dr. Tim’s one and only and have been dosing there bottled ammonia. I accidentally bought a second bottle of Dr. Tim’s one and only and wanted to know if I could just add that extra bottle into my cycling tank so it doesn’t go to waste.
Save it for when you need a hospital or quarantine tank

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agreed

or trade store credit
that biomedia is already full. these bacteria cannot infinitely stack, if they did all our tanks would go cloudy like a bac bloom.

any wet surface is 100% full of bac and waiting 5 more years or adding more bottle bac doesnt get you more bac,

the only way to house more bac is to add more attachment points that are dry, and then that bacteria, but you dont need that. all the extra biomedia will require additional cleaning, and this cycle is done. you can tell ive been jaded by bottle bac sellers and their written rules heh

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back