mb5322

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! I love the RedSea tanks! Do you have a built thread?

I think I found the shrimp dead this morning, unless by chance he molted which doesn't make much sense so quickly!!
Not so much a build im on to stocking, but its linked under my name. So far I'm absolutely in love with the red sea products

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found the harlequin shrimp stuck to a. Tunze pump today...

clean Tunze pumps not only

new yellow wrasse came out though!!

E5C14FDE-AE31-42F2-878F-B8905C8AD463.jpeg
025812FA-C62B-4A45-85F3-B11F88866BA0.jpeg
358444F5-7681-42BE-A771-B94E4A0FE6A9.jpeg
DA1A1EFA-E1D6-48C5-9DDD-CC1E2223F9B2.jpeg

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using the Hanna temp check to confirm temp on the Inkbird controlling my tank and checking the salt water I have mixing. I normally have an ink bird controller on my new salt water, I’m lazy right now!

9AC978C8-926D-470E-B178-6791FB774629.jpeg
6D14F5B6-A5A2-42A3-826B-BC3FD05C12BE.jpeg
DF5D6730-A885-447E-BED0-46B4946154A3.jpeg
Last making some water and watching football on the projector in the garage in a bed sheet!! Hahaha

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so much a build im on to stocking, but its linked under my name. So far I'm absolutely in love with the red sea products

perfect, I’ll have to check it out!!

Beat sorry about the shrimp. Wrasse is a stunner though

Sucks hard on the harlequin! Yellow wrasse came out today so that made me happy! Stuck to his own little corner, in a few days hopefully he is roaming around.

Husker-reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pelphrey,
I have to admit I read through your entire build thread. The best one I've seen on here so far! Your tank prompted me to pull the trigger on a Redsea reefer 350, which I will slowly get going on soon.

In regards to your struggles keeping SPS. I have not seen anyone suggest this to you.

From the beginning of my current tank I have dosed the BRS 2 part, (Calcium Chloride/Soda Ash) with 100% sustained SPS growth & survival.

Soda ash being sodium carbonate it has a slight PH raising effect. Other bottled 2 part solutions generally have a sodium bicarbonate mixture for the Alkalinity solution (less PH raising effect). Never thought anything of it until recently I ran out of the BRS product and started using ESV b-ionic 2 part. I've lost 3 acropora now since switching to ESV. The only thing I can attribute this to is the PH running slightly lower than before. So my suggestion would be try using Soda Ash.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pelphrey,
I have to admit I read through your entire build thread. The best one I've seen on here so far! Your tank prompted me to pull the trigger on a Redsea reefer 350, which I will slowly get going on soon.

In regards to your struggles keeping SPS. I have not seen anyone suggest this to you.

From the beginning of my current tank I have dosed the BRS 2 part, (Calcium Chloride/Soda Ash) with 100% sustained SPS growth & survival.

Soda ash being sodium carbonate it has a slight PH raising effect. Other bottled 2 part solutions generally have a sodium bicarbonate mixture for the Alkalinity solution (less PH raising effect). Never thought anything of it until recently I ran out of the BRS product and started using ESV b-ionic 2 part. I've lost 3 acropora now since switching to ESV. The only thing I can attribute this to is the PH running slightly lower than before. So my suggestion would be try using Soda Ash.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe ESV B-Ionic "original" is sodium carbonate and will boost pH.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm oogling those photos! #goals

Thank you!!

Pelphrey,

Very interesting! That would mean I need to test my water.... Which I really need to do anyway! My big issue now is I overfilled my tank before we left for a few days. My tunze pump on my ato started acting funny and I wanted to make sure the return pump wouldn't run dry. Doing this really messed with my salinity, which I knew it would! All because I didn't have a $17 ato spare pump on hand!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe ESV B-Ionic "original" is sodium carbonate and will boost pH.

I do have ESV alk, calcium and mag sitting on a shelf!

Back