Disease Identification Help: Ich? Or.... Something Else?

Salomlar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to be battling multiple illnesses at once. Last week the fish were panting, had white spots, and pop eye. Did a heavy dose of green malachite and formaldehyde (Composition: 9-amino acridine hydrochloride 105 mg, acriflavine chloride 600 mg, ethacridine lactate 3375 mg, malachite green oxalate 79 mg, aqua purificata ad 100 ml), lost a few fish, but the rest are now breathing normally, but a few fish have some small white spots.

This fish has a rather large white spot on his side that is bothering him. He keeps rubbing it against the substrate.

I treated the tank with Sera Omipur (ich medicine) yesterday, but am not sure if this spot is ich or something else?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated; thank you!

White Spot.jpeg

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The large white spot would not be ich. Perhaps a bacterial infection from an injury. Does it have a raised surface or is it more of a discoloration of the skin?

Share pictures if you have fish with small white spots as that could be ich.

What is that fish? Looks like a pompano.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
there is no way to andwer you without more history,,,,

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to be battling multiple illnesses at once. Last week the fish were panting, had white spots, and pop eye. Did a heavy dose of green malachite and formaldehyde (Composition: 9-amino acridine hydrochloride 105 mg, acriflavine chloride 600 mg, ethacridine lactate 3375 mg, malachite green oxalate 79 mg, aqua purificata ad 100 ml), lost a few fish, but the rest are now breathing normally, but a few fish have some small white spots.

This fish has a rather large white spot on his side that is bothering him. He keeps rubbing it against the substrate.

I treated the tank with Sera Omipur (ich medicine) yesterday, but am not sure if this spot is ich or something else?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated; thank you!

White Spot.jpeg

Can you post the video that this image came from?
Fish of that family are really prone to fluke infections, have you treated for that yet?
What other fish are in this tank?

Jay

OP
OP
S

Salomlar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The large white spot would not be ich. Perhaps a bacterial infection from an injury. Does it have a raised surface or is it more of a discoloration of the skin?

Share pictures if you have fish with small white spots as that could be ich.

What is that fish? Looks like a pompano.
Thanks! Yes, a snub nosed pompano. Good eye!

OP
OP
S

Salomlar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post the video that this image came from?
Fish of that family are really prone to fluke infections, have you treated for that yet?
What other fish are in this tank?

Jay
Thank you Jay. I'll treat for flukes and bacteria.

The other fish are:
Brown-spotted Spinefoot
Lavender Tang
Clown Coris
Blue-stripped snapper
Snubnose pompano
Lyre-tail Wrasser
Red Stripe Goby
Green Chromis
Cloudy Damsel
Bristletooth Tang

Back