• No [dislike]

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • No [other..]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No [allergic]

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does handing reef CUC give you similar reactions to fishing with shrimp bait/touching mysis? Or like, having hands in the tank

My grandma was SUPER allergic to shellfish and couldn't even be in the same room if someone was preparing any shellfish.
No I am not that bad. I have to rub it in my eye or eat it. I am not allergic to squid and several types of shellfish I never have tried like oysters. If I have a hangnail or cut it on my hand it itches like crazy until I wash after feeding the fish.

LOL a business group I was with went to hibachi for lunch. The chef was flipping shrimp to people. He flipped one at me and I ducked and it stuck to the wall. I got the stink eye.

We met a guy at the beach that couldn't walk into a seafood restaurant with out going into anaphylactic shock.

exalectric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I am not that bad. I have to rub it in my eye or eat it. I am not allergic to squid and several types of shellfish I never have tried like oysters. If I have a hangnail or cut it on my hand it itches like crazy until I wash after feeding the fish.

LOL a business group I was with went to hibachi for lunch. The chef was flipping shrimp to people. He flipped one at me and I ducked and it stuck to the wall. I got the stink eye.

We met a guy at the beach that couldn't walk into a seafood restaurant with out going into anaphylactic shock.

Ah, must enter body to have a reaction. That makes things easier as long as you don't frequently have cuts!

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I eat fish and also go fishing. I also raise trout for stocking state waters. I just finished up stocking the last of our yearling brook trout today for 5 different children's fishing festivals happening this weekend.

Many years ago a friend said...."so you basically drive a slaughter truck every spring." and one of my uncles said that I "take the babies away from the mother fish"....guilty as charged.

My dad was even a USDA Cattle Inspector. But I tend not to eat as much red meat as I used to, just don't gravitate to it, plus the wife does eat meat again....only ugly animals like fish and chicken. If it looks anything like a dog...forget about it.

JAKos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm allergic to all sea food and even if i wasn't i wouldn't eat a fish, wouldn't be able to look at one the same way again..

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do eat fish. But in all fairness, my fish also eat fish. They don't eat red meat and thankfully don't give me too much grief for my fondness of medium rare mammal.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad always took us fishing and I keep the tradition going with my kids. Love me some snapper
Yup same. I love going fishing. It’s nice to know the fish we catch and eat are not the same we keep hah that would be weeeeird for me

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I do!

Just the common fish - salmon, bluegill, tuna, etc.

——

I used to be a super avid s fisherman, fishing every day. But that stopped after I started this hobby... don’t know why.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I eat fish when I can get it and it’s fresh (Indiana doesn’t get much aside from trout, which I love).

for me, it’s just part of nature. Part of why I have a quarrel with the militant vegans out there. If you’re vegan, cool, that’s your choice. Forcing your lifestyle on people is no different than forced religious conversions. Additionally, as mankind became a species there was a key factor that led to the brains we have today. Namely, meat. Our hominid ancestors consumed scavenged meat which provided the amino acids, proteins, fats, etc which led to the brains we have today.

so yes. I eat seafood. Just like a shark, eel, grouper, etc does. It’s nature.

doesn’t mean I’d ever eat my pet fish. But it also means if I have a fish that requires live food I’ll provide it.

now how the fish was obtained before it hits my plate is a different story. I’m all about sustainable harvesting and propagation.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grew up in my Dads, sea food market so thats all we ate. It's mostly what I still eat. :)

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I eat fish. Growing up in the Arizona Desert with a mom who hated seafood I rarely had fish let alone good fish. Seafood was always a special treat for me, and it still is. I feel I am eating luxuriously when I have seafood.

I will admit that after getting a degree in animal conservation and really researching threats to Ocean health I now feel better about eating veal than I do wild seafood. The over collection pressures from commercial fishing are huge.

It is not that it can't be done sustainably but with all of the controversy over sustainable reef collection there should be far more concern over commercial fishing. Our hobby fishing is a drop in the bucket compared to commercial fishing.

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly getting away from seafood. When its not fresh it just doesn't compare anyways and your not finding fresh seafood in the mid west, I do make exceptions when we are on trips to the coast or the Caribbean. Getting more into lake trout, salmon, whitefish and others caught locally in our area mostly from lake Michigan.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I eat fish. Growing up in the Arizona Desert with a mom who hated seafood I rarely had fish let alone good fish. Seafood was always a special treat for me, and it still is. I feel I am eating luxuriously when I have seafood.

I will admit that after getting a degree in animal conservation and really researching threats to Ocean health I now feel better about eating veal than I do wild seafood. The over collection pressures from commercial fishing are huge.

It is not that it can't be done sustainably but with all of the controversy over sustainable reef collection there should be far more concern over commercial fishing. Our hobby fishing is a drop in the bucket compared to commercial fishing.
I was eyeing the veal in the market the other day, not sure if the wife would approve...."but honey...it's tether free!"

The Gadsden Hotel in Douglas, AZ has walleye on the menu, I assume it's shipped in.

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love all sea food and eat it at least 3 times a week. I also attempt to catch as many as I’m allowed while fishing :)

Back