Do you grow coral on cool things?

I have some GSP growing across a oriental lantern. The only thing I still have from my first salt water tank.
 

Attachments

  • 2EC37DCB-5BA1-4968-AB0A-94675C592647.jpeg
    2EC37DCB-5BA1-4968-AB0A-94675C592647.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 290
  • EB17C4CA-F7B7-439C-AF1E-57CE6E8EA66E.jpeg
    EB17C4CA-F7B7-439C-AF1E-57CE6E8EA66E.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 467
Is there any reason that a 3d printer couldn't be used to make a cool shape for an encrusting coral to cover? Especially if it was printed with abs or petg.
I have a 3D printed basket that I keep mushrooms in it works great. I now have polips covering it as well.
 
I have a 3D printed basket that I keep mushrooms in it works great. I now have polips covering it as well.
Do you know what kind of filament that its made from? I have some tubing holders in my sump that are petg that I printed and they've never caused any issues that I know of.

I'm really wanting to make one of the coral covered items so I was looking on amazon for glass or ceramic figures and then it dawned on me that I could probably just use my 3d printer.
 
Do you know what kind of filament that its made from? I have some tubing holders in my sump that are petg that I printed and they've never caused any issues that I know of.

I'm really wanting to make one of the coral covered items so I was looking on amazon for glass or ceramic figures and then it dawned on me that I could probably just use my 3d printer.
I didn’t print it my self and the guy that printed it for me he and I had a fall out.
 
Do you know what kind of filament that its made from? I have some tubing holders in my sump that are petg that I printed and they've never caused any issues that I know of.

I'm really wanting to make one of the coral covered items so I was looking on amazon for glass or ceramic figures and then it dawned on me that I could probably just use my 3d printer.
Here is a pick of the printed basket.
 

Attachments

  • 70C81DB6-03F3-4BAF-88B7-3CFCE126B43D.jpeg
    70C81DB6-03F3-4BAF-88B7-3CFCE126B43D.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 477
I've done that as well. I had a turbo snail that fell on the floor, cracked its shell. I glues a GSP bandaid on him
Do you have any pictures? I have contemplated doing this, but I don't want to run the risk of it spreading to other parts of the tank. Right now my snails look like little furballs with the algae growing on them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new