OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added the following coding to the solenoid like @TheHarold suggested. Everything working now!

“set on”
“if ROHIGH closed then off”

Just trying to figure out if I can set the solenoid to turn on for an hour a day.

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the coding I used thanks to @TheHarold is below.

- Float valve keeps water level where I want. If that were to fail, water will rise, activating the RO High sensor. The solenoid will then shut off water for a secondary safety.
- I also have the solenoid off all day except for one hour. The one hour, it will turn on and allow my RO container to refill until the float valve cuts off flow. 1 hour should be enough time and avoids the solenoid from being on 24 hours a day.

Set OFF
If Time 18:00 to 19:00 Then ON
If ROHIGH CLOSED Then OFF

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread, looks awsome!! What are your future plans for the tank?

Patiently monitoring my parameters. Trying to dial in phosphates, nitrates, heavy feeding with auto water changes. Also using new salt (Fritz). Trident and DOS dosing has been pretty solid. If it continues I'll add a ton of my SPS. Then the growing begins!

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patiently monitoring my parameters. Trying to dial in phosphates, nitrates, heavy feeding with auto water changes. Also using new salt (Fritz). Trident and DOS dosing has been pretty solid. If it continues I'll add a ton of my SPS. Then the growing begins!
sounds great

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! Do you mind sharing your lighting schedule/settings?

Didn't see this post. Its your basic CoralLab AB+ schedule wit minor twists. Here is my Apex schedule.

Also take a look at this if you have a reeflink etc: https://reefdudes.com/equipment/ecotech-radion-light-schdule.html

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added some led lights for inside the stand. The base has double sided tape on one side for mounting and magnet on the other side. It allows for easy removal. Motion activated. Automatically turns off after 30 seconds of no motion. Charges via micro usb, and should last once a year. Sure beats wiring up lights to door switches etc. 4 of them for around $30. Just FYI everyone. Nice little edition. Got tired of using my darn cell phone as a flash light.

Lights on Amazon Here

20200227_110614.jpg
20200227_110721.jpg
20200227_110737.jpg
20200227_110759.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doostur

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful with double sided tape it gradually gets weaker and may drop the light.

Ya I thought about it. I cleaned the area with rubbing alcohol. Its 3m, seems pretty strong. All 3 of my DOS are held up by 3M heavy duty tape. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just ordered the sump light you recommended. Finally setting up my own 220 waterbox this week and have a couple questions.

How high in the overflow box is your water level? Right under emergency drain? Or right above full siphon drain?

I was dumb and installed the drains straight into the first sock compartment so I will have to drain tank some and overflow box to fix that but it sounds like a waterfall between 1st sock chamber to the 2nd. Is it because of my mistake or is yours loud too? Think I only have my Cor-20 at like 30% and see you run yours at 50%.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 152 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back