Dos Not Responding (Green Lights)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Adalius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I finished wiring up my whole 'Apex Station', and the Dos is the only item still acting up.

I plugged it into the power brick and Aquabus cable. It lights up and flashes green on each pump. Wiggled the power cable, it wasn't seated fully, now it lights up full green.

The Apex sees it, but won't let me do anything with it. If i go into modules it says the software is old (8), and that it is disconnected, even though it shows it connected. I tried updating the software about 15 times, everytime it says completed, but still lists as old (8). It will not let me run it via Fusion (dashboard switch or programmed runtime), even the manual buttons don't cause it to advance for either pump.

I tried disconnecting it, deleting the module, reconnecting it, doing the same but with a 1Link cable, all the same result. Anybody have any divine guidance? @RussM, oh sagely one, any insight?

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I finished wiring up my whole 'Apex Station', and the Dos is the only item still acting up.

I plugged it into the power brick and Aquabus cable. It lights up and flashes green on each pump. Wiggled the power cable, it wasn't seated fully, now it lights up full green.

The Apex sees it, but won't let me do anything with it. If i go into modules it says the software is old (8), and that it is disconnected, even though it shows it connected. I tried updating the software about 15 times, everytime it says completed, but still lists as old (8). It will not let me run it via Fusion (dashboard switch or programmed runtime), even the manual buttons don't cause it to advance for either pump.

I tried disconnecting it, deleting the module, reconnecting it, doing the same but with a 1Link cable, all the same result. Anybody have any divine guidance? @RussM, oh sagely one, any insight?

Try to set it up using apex.local

OP
OP
Adalius

Adalius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And so far Neptune hasn't been much help. My support ticket indicates I tried other cables and even tried switching to 1Link with no change. Their response was "It appears disconnected, try another cable or port." *sigh* I'm thinking to myself "Did you even bother to read the ticket?"

OP
OP
Adalius

Adalius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I woke up this morning to a response in my inbox and it fixed it. I literally laid on the floor with the tablet doing the fix while I had 5 minutes before leaving for work, it was super easy.

In case anybody ever has the same issue and comes across this post:
Flashing or solid green can indicate a corrupt firmware. The fix is to start the update process with the Aquabus or 1Link cable disconnected and then, after giving the update a few seconds (I literally waited about 5 seconds since you don't know when it will end), plug it in. Somehow that kickstarts something allowing the firmware to properly update and now I'm on revision 7 (it had been showing 8 - OLD, so clearly it thought it was in the future). Both manual advance buttons worked after the procedure so I think I'm solid now.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I woke up this morning to a response in my inbox and it fixed it. I literally laid on the floor with the tablet doing the fix while I had 5 minutes before leaving for work, it was super easy.

In case anybody ever has the same issue and comes across this post:
Flashing or solid green can indicate a corrupt firmware. The fix is to start the update process with the Aquabus or 1Link cable disconnected and then, after giving the update a few seconds (I literally waited about 5 seconds since you don't know when it will end), plug it in. Somehow that kickstarts something allowing the firmware to properly update and now I'm on revision 7 (it had been showing 8 - OLD, so clearly it thought it was in the future). Both manual advance buttons worked after the procedure so I think I'm solid now.
Wow! Thank you! This just saved a dos i picked up on the forums!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back