Equipment recommendation (nano)!!

Surrendra Gunness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day fellow reefers. I am currently in the process of setting up a nano tank to house some soft and low light corals. So far i am finalised on the tank, IM Fusion 40 mini and the circulation pump, mp10wqd. I am looking at recommendations on lighting, skimmer and an auto topoff. I would eventually add a refugium as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FartyParty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank supports hang on back skimmers, right? I really liked my HOB Eshopps external skimmer I used for years. I would think a single AI prime HD would be good for low light corals and could scale fairly well. Also, I use the Apex ATO on my 50 cube and it works well, granted I have a sump but it should work on an AIO. I like the Apex ATO because it connects to a pump but you can change it to direct RO line if you grow tired of filling the reservoir.

OP
OP
Surrendra Gunness

Surrendra Gunness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, was looking at the ai prime for lighting. Want to install a HOB refugium eventually so looking at a skimmer that can fit in the back compartment of the tank.

FartyParty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the AI prime HD “pucks” so far. I started with one but have two of them now, and they are severely angled toward each other to help with shadowing. I don’t mind the “disco” effects. Also, I have the first one timed to come on and go out first, to mimic the sun moving across the sky. Dang, that reminds me, I really need to do a build thread.

Towntastic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Surrendra, I have bought the same tank. I still have some equipment to get including the light. I have the IM ghost skimmer, Im refugium light, replacement baskets, some filter socks, and Im reactor. Im abit behind you in the setup so will watch your thread with interest. Good luck, regards Jim

OP
OP
Surrendra Gunness

Surrendra Gunness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem...hope i can help you with your setup through my journey...anyone has any suggestions on ato’s, i am looking for one that can pump further than a few feet in height...

OP
OP
Surrendra Gunness

Surrendra Gunness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one you guys suggest between the IM ghost skimmer (midsize) and the tunze comline 9004 skimmer?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 74 78.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Other

Votes: 9 9.6%
Back