Favia help

SkylerCK117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think something is wrong with my favia can anyone identify what’s wrong with it?
image.jpg
image.jpg

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not looking super happy. Definitely browned out.
Knowing the age of the tank as well as the major parameters would help. Add some details about lighting and temp, and we'll have a basis to help. Otherwise we are just speculating.
Oh.. almost forgot, #WelcometoR2R !!

Sharir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How strong lighting is it under? What is the pH? I think you should do a big waterchange and change the activated carbon and see how it goes from there.

Sharir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider coral warfare. I once had a friend who had a massive zoa garden in his LPS dominant system, he couldn't figure out why his torches were not opening out and hid LPS wasn't thriving. It trrned out his zoa garden was poisoning the LPS corals slowly. Once the zoa garden was removed from the system, however, the LPS started growing like wild fire.

OP
OP
S

SkylerCK117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not looking super happy. Definitely browned out.
Knowing the age of the tank as well as the major parameters would help. Add some details about lighting and temp, and we'll have a basis to help. Otherwise we are just speculating.
Oh.. almost forgot, #WelcometoR2R !!
The tank is Very new maybe 3 months old. I’ve had issues with high calcium it’s around 480 now but temp is 78 salinity is 1.023 nitrates 5. Ammonia 0.5 phosphate 0 PH 7.9. As for lights I’ve only got a Fluval Aquasky Haven’t had money to get a decent light yet but I’ve got carbon bag in sump with a filter pad and it goes thru filter sock and uv light in sump running about 4 hrs a day

Sharir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think mabe you do not have enough light because from what you have said ... the is really nothing wrong with your system. Your calcium of 480ppm is elevated but nothing to be concerned about. In fact the world wide corals facility runs at 480 so no need to worry.What is your alkalinity? your nitrates and phosphates are fine . Many LPS corals (the sensitive ones) don't like that total 0 phosphate .An easy fix of feeding corals should do the trick.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back