Favorite places to buy Acros or just SPS in general?

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get a list of online vendors that you guys have had good experience with for buying SPS. Whether it’s good pricing, fast/reliable shipping and good arrival guarantee, or high quality or rare specimens.
What are your favorite online vendors for SPS and why?

And also, having trouble finding vendors that actually specify the exact species of acro, im not that experienced yet in acros to visually identify what they are without the whole scientific species name instead of just calling it an “acro” along with whatever the random “designer” name some random decided to name it. For instance if im more interested in a tabling acro versus one that mostly just branches upwards. If any of you know of or have a vendor that lists sps scientific full names would be a bonus to me as well.

01D0966B-4E28-4055-B770-DC38BB1C8D8E.jpeg

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Battlecorals is the best in the game for sure for acro frags. He quarantines his corals very strictly, and only sells frags after the colony has been in captivity for a significant amount of time. Also, the pictures on the site are well-representative of the frag you will receive, unlike many of the big name vendors that blast their frags with blue light and oversaturate photos to trick you. You will not be disappointed if you order a battlebox or any frags on the site.

OP
OP
CincyReefer07

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Battlecorals is the best in the game for sure for acro frags. He quarantines his corals very strictly, and only sells frags after the colony has been in captivity for a significant amount of time. Also, the pictures on the site are well-representative of the frag you will receive, unlike many of the big name vendors that blast their frags with blue light and oversaturate photos to trick you. You will not be disappointed if you order a battlebox or any frags on the site.
I was actually just looking at his site about 40 minutes ago. I was pretty impressed by his stuff.

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Battlecorals and Cherry Corals are two of my favorites. But there are also many great small time and local vendor/hobbyists. Tim Herman @therman has outstanding stuff in Northern Ohio. I would also second Lazy's and SweetReef. If you don't mind a Drive the Pittsburg reef expo is coming up April 1, i'll be there and i think Jason Fox and Cherry corals, and i'm sure many other great vendors for acros. There are a lot of good vendors out there, i have had good experiences from TCK corals, TSA, and SBB though i think i have only bought from them once each.

MinnieMouse2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much does @Battlecorals charge for shipping. I prefer UPS overnight. Do they use UPS?

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FraghouseCorals , He have a sale this weekend here on Reef2Reef. Nice size frags, colors are on point even better prices that you are not going to find around that easy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back