Getting back in and startling from scratch

prodman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’m new to the forum. I had been on Reef central for years and seems like this is now the place to be. I am in Northern CA and been without a tank for about 10 years now. I was in pretty deep then and have had a few fun SPS dominated tanks. Seems like a fair amount has changed and I’ll be starting from scratch. I’m looking forward to getting started.
Paul

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, I’m new to the forum. I had been on Reef central for years and seems like this is now the place to be. I am in Northern CA and been without a tank for about 10 years now. I was in pretty deep then and have had a few fun SPS dominated tanks. Seems like a fair amount has changed and I’ll be starting from scratch. I’m looking forward to getting started.
Paul
It's true, really specifically how people start tanks nowadays from about 10 years ago when everything was specifically getting live rock. People today tend to go all dry rock and use the bottle bacteria. Although that's fine I suppose.
I started over from scratch a few years ago when I moved here to California. I chose to go a different route. More of a hybrid. I got a fair amount of dry rock from local hobbyists. Gave it on acid bath. Then I got some good pieces of seed rock from again, local hobbyists!

Good luck getting going!

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
welcometuna.gif

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back