Gravity Fed Auto Top Off Float Valve Control

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kbra
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2009
Messages
1,417
Reaction score
3
Location
San Luis Obispo, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 100 gal RO water storage tank that will gravity feed top off water to my sump. Im having a hard time finding an auto shut off that doesnt involved a pump. I looked at the Kent Float Valve and for whatever reason it says not recommended for aquarium use.

What are the rest of you using? It would be nice if i didnt have to drill a whole in the tank to mount it either but i can if i have to.
 
They say not for aquarium use because they can become stuck I left un maintained over time. I used the Kent one on my 180 for a couple years and no issues. I cleaned it every couple of months. I only had a 20gallon container feeding it though.
 
What about the eshopps float valve? Has mounting bracket and is adjustable .... I use it on one of my tanks for a gravity fed top-off (ro/di only) - works great.
 
Kent float valves have worked great for me for many years. I have never had one fail but have heard of it happening. Keep it clean and only put what's needed in your storage tank that will last a couple days. In other words don't store more water than what your tank could handle if the float were to fail.
 
I made this to fit over the black trim on a 10 gallon...
18b0aa68-d06c-569b.jpg
18b0aa68-d081-5776.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new