Hello from Lancashire.

One Amp Andy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I'm Andy from Lancashire. Currently running a 3 year old clearseal 900 reef tank (well, WAS a reef tank!).... Massive caulerpa outbreak meant a load of heartbreak! Loss of lots of corals, and some fish.
Now stripped back and currently rebuilding... Fancied a change anyway I suppose!

Anyway, awesome website!

OP
OP
One Amp Andy

One Amp Andy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll start a rebuild thread this evening. I'm still at the 'nervously looking for caulerpa' stage every time I walk past the tank! It's been five weeks since the almost complete rock rip out, no signs yet.

Guarantee it'll come back as soon as I've rebuilt my reef!

Thinking about a floating reef this time, so my three Wrasse have more sleeping space to choose from.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Jason, yeah Lancashire England. I'm just off M6 near Eccleston.
It’s always nice to meet a fellow Lancs lad, although Myself I’ve been living in Holland for the last 20 years .

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Post up some tank photos! :)

Salty John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Andy. I just signed up to the forum myself, and I am also from Lancashire. Near Chorley. I hope your tank is feeling better soon! Having recently moved house and finally having the space for a reef aquarium (and the thumbs up from the Mrs), I will be on here asking lots of questions!

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Andy. I just signed up to the forum myself, and I am also from Lancashire. Near Chorley. I hope your tank is feeling better soon! Having recently moved house and finally having the space for a reef aquarium (and the thumbs up from the Mrs), I will be on here asking lots of questions!
Nice another lancs lad !! Welcome John!

OP
OP
One Amp Andy

One Amp Andy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi John Which lfs are throwing your money at?

Salty John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi John Which lfs are throwing your money at?
Trying not to get too far ahead of myself, livestock wise I would probably be looking at Aquahome at Avant garden centre near Leyland golf club and Maidenhead Aquatics in Broughton.

The shop at Avant garden centre, a friend of mine uses and has said the customer service is good, but when I've been in, the shop has been a bit hit and miss appearance wise. You should never judge a book by its' cover though!

Maidenhead Aquatics, I can say that it looks a good shop.

Tank, sump, equipment etc. wise, I haven't chosen the bottomless pit I will be pouring my money into yet!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back