Hello

surfman221

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm from the Olympic Península of Washington State, I am interested in becoming a Reefer. I've been looking at tanks and trying to figure out which one I should start with. I don't have much room and therefore looking at something between 20 and 35 Gallons. Anyone out there have recommendations on what I should get for a tank and maybe what is the minimum equipment?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there- welcome to R2R! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

You're about to get more opinions on this than you can juggle I reckon! :) Head down to your LFS and see what they have! Have a chat with them about your space, your expectations etc. and they will help you find the right tank to start with.

My opinion though? The Red Sea Max Nano. It comes in three slightly different sizes - with the equipment you need. Great (.. although pricy!) place to start.

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Greetings and welcome to the reef! Smaller water volumes are much harder to keep stable. This being your first tank, maybe consider something a bit larger than a 20g. A 40 breeder might be a better choice.

Buckster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and Welcome to R2R! Sometimes the tank and equipment comes down to how much you are willing to spend. One of my tanks is a 32 biocube and it is self contained and I did not have to buy anything additional for it. I know some people have added a protein skimmer to it but I change water every two weeks and am pleased with its levels.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm from the Olympic Península of Washington State, I am interested in becoming a Reefer. I've been looking at tanks and trying to figure out which one I should start with. I don't have much room and therefore looking at something between 20 and 35 Gallons. Anyone out there have recommendations on what I should get for a tank and maybe what is the minimum equipment?
Welcome

AlyciaMarie

Mrs. Gumbies R Us
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! This is an excellent place to start your journey.

Under various member's profile picture and user names you'll find a badge entitled "my tank thread". This is a great tool to see what other members are building and what they are using! My husband and I have a Red Sea Max Nano 20g and its perfect for our 2 bedroom apartment. You can check it out in our tank thread to get some ideas!

Calmwaters

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back