Help!! What is wrong with it?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now you can also put it in a breeder basket, I've had good luck with doing this to multiple BTA it will allow all the sand to come off its base and you will be able to inspect it a little better.

I've done something similar, putting an injured BTA near the top (closer to the light) in an open acclimation box.

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now you can also put it in a breeder basket, I've had good luck with doing this to multiple BTA it will allow all the sand to come off its base and you will be able to inspect it a little better.
Good idea

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cowboy @Humblefish what do you think of this.. I did move it closer to that rock but of course it was face up.. he is now face down but looking like he's trying to attach?

IMG_8394.JPG

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also BTA generally prefer closer to the top in the rocks rather than on the sand bed.

bairdimusprime

Bill
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The breeder box idea is the way to go, let it acclimate to the tank without any distractions, put a small piece of LR in there for it to attach to. the less stress its under the better.
PM me if you have any questions I will do what i can to help

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last image looks better.

What color was the anemone upon purchase? I agree that a breeder basket can be of assist.

Luis Spinola

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it attached to a rock or to glass in the LFS? Its foot might have got hurt when separating it from the rock/glass. I would put it in a separate tank with low flow and medium light. If you have a rock with a crevice so it can feel secure. I had one BTA and gently I placed it in this rock and it attached. No food because nitrates could rise. Good quality water and no one disturbing it. Anyone has done a dip in reef dip of an anemone? I do this dip for corals and it seems they heal any wounds.

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to say the nem didn't make it.. it was still face down this morning.. as I was removing it out of the tank it started to fall apart:(

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^This. Unless his base is damaged (could have happened when removed from the tank at the LFS), I would be doing a full battery of tests. Especially check for nitrates as most nems don't handle elevated NO3 well.
My nems are thriving in 160 ppm of nitrates

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nems are thriving in 160 ppm of nitrates
I use Red Sea test kit and it says 3.2. I am planning on buying another test today to compare the readings. I had just did a water change so I added 4ml of Red Sea nitrate and phosphate reducer last night.. although my phosphate was 8.2.. I'm at my wits end with my levels.. my nitrites were .05. Ammonia was 0 and all of my zoas are closed. I have always had a skimmer but just recently purchased a octopus 150 int with a octopus 3500 pump. I also placed live sand and grassy stuff(can't remember the name) in my sump that has matrix in it now. Also upgraded my lights. I had two fluval 2.0 reef and marine lights and now I have 3 reef grow tile lights. I can't remember the output. 8 messaged the seller last night and he has not replied yet. I have gfo and carbon running in a dual reactor.. so my tank should be prestine and it's not..

cowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sistawolf I would have to agree with @Humblefish nitrite is very odd to see in a cycled tank. It's good to know that you are going to try another kit. With your skimmer how much skimmate are you removing regularly.

OP
OP
Sistawolf

Sistawolf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sistawolf Your readings look fine, except it is a little odd to get any nitrite reading from a cycled tank.
What does this mean?
@Sistawolf I would have to agree with @Humblefish nitrite is very odd to see in a cycled tank. It's good to know that you are going to try another kit. With your skimmer how much skimmate are you removing regularly.
so what should I do? I have had the octopus running since Monday.. so 7 days on Sunday.. it was almost full at the top.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 69 51.9%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back