Help With Kessil AP700 App

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently my phone that I had been using as the controller for the AP700 finally died, downloaded the app on to my Pixel 4a and followed the set-up instructions but the app wont recognize that the phone is connected to the Kessil Wi-Fi. Thought maybe the light just needed an update, so I downloaded the new firmware but it didn't fix the issue. Emailed Customer service a few times in the past about this issue but they never knew what to do but it was not a big deal as it more on my old HTC phone. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get this to work? Going to be really annoyed if I can no longer use the app as it makes the light pretty much a brick.

@Kessil

Screenshot_20210501-221422.png Screenshot_20210501-221359.png

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you connected to the wifi network called kessil kd?

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I connect to it but the app won't recognize that I'm connected to it

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reboot everything maybe? I always had to always connect to mine in the sequence shown in the app (couldn’t connect to wifi and then open app).

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reboot everything maybe? I always had to always connect to mine in the sequence shown in the app (couldn’t connect to wifi and then open app).
That's the thing, I follow the set-up instructions and when I get to the part where you have to connect to the wifi I do but the app just keeps telling me to connect. I have reset the light and the app was a fresh install

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the thing, I follow the set-up instructions and when I get to the part where you have to connect to the wifi I do but the app just keeps telling me to connect. I have reset the light and the app was a fresh install
Yeesh, have you called Kessil? I've heard their customer service is really good, I'm not sure what your other options are at this point.

OP
OP
Shep

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeesh, have you called Kessil? I've heard their customer service is really good, I'm not sure what your other options are at this point.
Yeah, I guess I will have to call them again and see if they can help. I was hoping that @Kessil would see this and respond.

Back