GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible first round :
⁃2X Dragon Face pipefish
⁃Golden Rhomboidalis Wrasse (cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis)
⁃McCoskers Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus mccoskeri)
-Bellus Anglefish Pair (Genicanthus bellus)

Second Round:
-5x Blue/Green Reef Chromis (Chromis viridis)
-Long Nose Hawkfish (Oxycirrhites typus)
⁃Orange Spot Blenny (Blenniella chrysospilos)
⁃Orange Spot Rabbbit Fish (Siganus guttatus)

Third Round:
⁃Powder Brown Tang (Acanthurus japonicus)
⁃Desjardini Sailfin Tang (Zebrasoma desjardini)
⁃Achilles Tang (Acanthurus achilles)
-Two Spot Bristletooth Tang (Ctenochaetus binotatus)

Thoughts on addition order?

@evolved thoughts on the wrasses with the rest of this group, and the addition order?

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@evolved thoughts on the wrasses with the rest of this group, and the addition order?
I only see 2? Which means there's not enough... :)
No problem with them.

OP
OP
GlassMunky

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only see 2? Which means there's not enough... :)
No problem with them.
It’s so hard to pick which ones from just looking online.... I kinda have a feeling we’d end up just walking around tsm and choosing the most colorful and active ones they had lol they seem to have a large variety of them.
the Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse
(Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus) is another one I like in photos

OP
OP
GlassMunky

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is 3/4” glass.
never even thought about a parrot though honestly, as I didn’t think any were reef safe.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is 3/4” glass.
never even thought about a parrot though honestly, as I didn’t think any were reef safe.

I was told completely reef safe, and mine hasn’t touched a coral in 6+ months. But I know people have said their tangs have eaten zoas, and I never experienced that either

OP
OP
GlassMunky

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told completely reef safe, and mine hasn’t touched a coral in 6+ months. But I know people have said their tangs have eaten zoas, and I never experienced that either
All zoas, to me, are on the same level as GSP, I really don’t care one way or the other about them... they just don’t do it for me.

@evolved why do you say not in acrylic tanks, can they break the acrylic somehow?

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO we are finally getting to the part where we gotta come up with a list of future inhabitants for our new ~220 build. Tank is 72x30x24 and the aim for the tank is a nice mixed reef with large LPS and some easier to keep sps (not going the full Acro route, been there, too much work). Tank will have a somewhat minimal rockspace so as to leave lots of room for the fish to swim.

Heres what we have as a list so far for fish wed like to keep, but am looking for more suggestions from some more experienced reefers on the list we have as well on possible additions to the list. I know its kind of light right now, but have always been more into corals and never really had a large enough tank to house most of these fish so am a little less knowledgeable on them

220 Stock list (tentative)
Mystery Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus ocellatus) One of our absolute favorite fish from past tanks
Orange Spot Rabbbit Fish (Siganus guttatus) Ive always love rabbits and the colors are amazing
Powder Brown Tang (Acanthurus japonicus) Beautiful colors but we hear they are hard to keep?
Desjardini Sailfin Tang (Zebrasoma desjardini)
Achilles Tang (Acanthurus achilles) (such a beautiful fish) we know that mixing acanthurus can be dicey so would plan on adding them at the same time to the tank to help avoid aggression
Long Nose Hawkfish (Oxycirrhites typus)
Orange Spot Blenny (Blenniella chrysospilos) Another past tank favorite that wed like to have again

What else would you add to the list for bright colors, movement, and compatibility with other tankmates?

We have the Yellow Spot Rabbitfish (not sure if it's the same fish you're referring to) and it's a beauty... it nearly died in QT from literal depression, but that's another story.

It's also growing much more rapidly than we expected.

As odd as it sounds, the African Cleaner Wrasse is one of our favorites... vivid blue coloring, curious and engaging personality, and ALWAYS moving - fun to watch it clean tankmates, too.

bdesign

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All zoas, to me, are on the same level as GSP, I really don’t care one way or the other about them... they just don’t do it for me.

@evolved why do you say not in acrylic tanks, can they break the acrylic somehow?

And here I was a closet Zoa "hater" because I thought I was the only one...

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh, I regret every zoa that I put in my tank!

Only ones I’m keeping are these.... He has been wearing them for > 3 weeks

F19D76F0-762C-4472-A7DE-B5BD85E9C78B.jpeg

OP
OP
GlassMunky

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have the Yellow Spot Rabbitfish (not sure if it's the same fish you're referring to) and it's a beauty... it nearly died in QT from literal depression, but that's another story.

It's also growing much more rapidly than we expected.

As odd as it sounds, the African Cleaner Wrasse is one of our favorites... vivid blue coloring, curious and engaging personality, and ALWAYS moving - fun to watch it clean tankmates, too.
Yup that’s another name for them. Beautiful fish. We used to have a foxfwce rabbit, and he was the same way, grew REALLY fast, much quicker than we expected, so I’m not surprised to hear that other rabbit fish would be similar in that regard. This time the tank is much larger though, so we are prepared for him :)
I’d much rather see a nice acan garden than a zoa garden.
Oh, I regret every zoa that I put in my tank!

Only ones I’m keeping are these.... He has been wearing them for > 3 weeks

F19D76F0-762C-4472-A7DE-B5BD85E9C78B.jpeg
That’s actually kind of cool looking.
mobile corals are awesome:D

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not break - just "chew". :p If you let the film algae grow to a noticeable amount on the panels (as most people inevitably do, between cleanings), they'll leave their teeth marks on the panels in attempt to scrape off the film algae.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back