OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I know, its literally off the chart high, not good! I sure do have a torch, one called the SBB Reverse Tiger Holy Grail Splatter:hushed-face: and LUCKILY it still looks amazing.

I'm going to get it under 100 slowly like you said, by stopping dosing and my usual every other week water changes. In addition to SPS and the torch, I have a SBB Care Bear Goni, which also is still looking good. My acros aren't as colorful as I'd like, but they still have good PE. I'm hoping by slowly getting the Iodine down to under 100, that my acros will get better color.

yes good plan

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Anybody try the new Iodine test yet?

if you are keeping high end sps you really need to master Iodine IMO

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
We have been getting alot of question on no3 and po4

the thing with po4 and no3 is that a lot of people will feed heavy to get them up- IMO this is not the best way to get them up because a lot of the food will get wasted and trapped into the rocks. Then in the rocks it will decay and rot and cause buildup and become a negative effect in the system. In order to not have this we feed very strict method where no food gets wasted. All the food goes into the fish bellies and not into the rocks for decay. We feed with american reef hpd and hang the food from a bag that the fish pick on. With the method we are able to keep the no3 and po4 at almost 0. we then dose it up to our desired levels using no3 and po4 additive. This then keeps the no3 and po4 up in a very clean way and then we can control the levels to where we want. With this method we have not needed to use GFO . carbon or UV sterilizer.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been getting alot of question on no3 and po4

the thing with po4 and no3 is that a lot of people will feed heavy to get them up- IMO this is not the best way to get them up because a lot of the food will get wasted and trapped into the rocks. Then in the rocks it will decay and rot and cause buildup and become a negative effect in the system. In order to not have this we feed very strict method where no food gets wasted. All the food goes into the fish bellies and not into the rocks for decay. We feed with american reef hpd and hang the food from a bag that the fish pick on. With the method we are able to keep the no3 and po4 at almost 0. we then dose it up to our desired levels using no3 and po4 additive. This then keeps the no3 and po4 up in a very clean way and then we can control the levels to where we want. With this method we have not needed to use GFO . carbon or UV sterilizer.
Can you put a picture of this bag?

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Can you put a picture of this bag?

its from american reef HPD. Here is a link you can buy the bag from them as well

you will see it labeled in the store as feeding clips

click the link below to see them

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok but feeding clips I have already but it is just good fie fish eating alga and the hpd food bis not available in europe

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Here is a few new ones we have been growing

SBB "Space Invaders"

20220923_151058.jpg

SBB " Atomic Fireball"

20220923_153504.jpg

SBB " Reckless Rainbow"

20220923_151141.jpg

Last edited:

ShoreReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow they look amazing! I just finished reading through your thread and I’m very impressed with your coral and methods. From reading through this I see you have evolved your methods slightly and are always looking to “perfect” your systems. I never realized you were in NJ as I’m in Monmouth County myself. I’m dealing with a GHA outbreak and would love to come cherry pick once this is gone.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Wow they look amazing! I just finished reading through your thread and I’m very impressed with your coral and methods. From reading through this I see you have evolved your methods slightly and are always looking to “perfect” your systems. I never realized you were in NJ as I’m in Monmouth County myself. I’m dealing with a GHA outbreak and would love to come cherry pick once this is gone.

thanks for the nice comments :)

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Anybody heading to Reefapalooza or aquachella this weekend? We couldn't make it but would love to hear how it went. Hopefully next year we will be doing live in person shows again! they are a ton of fun!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back