OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Can you verify this? You dose these Neonitro and NeoPhos to increase NO3 and PO4 or to decrease them?
Thanks Shane.

I dose them to increase the no3 and po4.. although i have to report that my po4 has been on the higher side lately so i have not had to dose po4.. so i only dose these add needed..

Anthrax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose them to increase the no3 and po4.. although i have to report that my po4 has been on the higher side lately so i have not had to dose po4.. so i only dose these add needed..

I apologize if you wrote it before but I was curious what you keep your NO3 and PO4 at?

808reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys after 3 years I feel like this tank is decent enough and need to start a new tank... I set up a new 120 Gallon Display tank with some bonsai tree Rock work and plan to select some frags from the main display for this new tenuis grow out. its going to be a long journey replicating the main system parameters and growing the selected frags out. I am also excited to see how the radian g5s compare to the g4s. In the current tank they are grown using the g4s and the new tank will be the g5s.
ZgPF2HJ4.jpeg

jI6qLVjU.jpeg

ES5tR27w.jpeg

pB_5euFo.jpeg

teMefT6A.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

hoarder.jpg

full tank.jpg

Below is the new 120 Gallon Display tank with the Bonsai Tree branches. this is the tank that will get the new frah cutting. Will be fun to see them grow and crust onto the branches :)

jungle.jpg

808reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys after 3 years I feel like this tank is decent enough and need to start a new tank... I set up a new 120 Gallon Display tank with some bonsai tree Rock work and plan to select some frags from the main display for this new tenuis grow out. its going to be a long journey replicating the main system parameters and growing the selected frags out. I am also excited to see how the radian g5s compare to the g4s. In the current tank they are grown using the g4s and the new tank will be the g5s.
ZgPF2HJ4.jpeg

jI6qLVjU.jpeg

ES5tR27w.jpeg

pB_5euFo.jpeg

teMefT6A.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

hoarder.jpg

full tank.jpg

Below is the new 120 Gallon Display tank with the Bonsai Tree branches. this is the tank that will get the new frah cutting. Will be fun to see them grow and crust onto the branches :)

jungle.jpg
The tennis wizard. So glad to know you brother. Absolutely stunning as usual!!

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice thread. What skimmer and algae reactor are you going with for the new tank. What's on the others?
I've narrowed down a recent issue to highly related to an old RO/DI unit with possibly a faulty TDS meter and was already leaning towards what you do. Also noticed on my new unit that I'm 9 or 10 after RO and started to hit 1 on the next reading location after just about 400 gallons made....matching up with what you've seen.

fishfong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A lot of people have been asking how I keep my no3 and po4 so low naturally with only using a skimmer and algae scrubber. I don’t run any GFO or Carbon.

See video and my methods below:

In the video you can see that all the food is suspended in a bag that the fish pick on for hours a day. No food gets wasted or blown all around the tank. There is no detritus going into a corner like a raw piece of food that then decomposes. The food I am using is a Gummy Consistency from American Reef HPD. I believe this method of feeding virtually brings the no3 and po4 down to 0.. I then control po4 and no3 by dosing them up with additives.

I try and keep my no3 between 16 and 32 and my po4 .08-.15

Feeding this way also keeps the fish super fat so they poop more on the corals and also keeps the fish less aggressive since they are always fed. I also use reef chili in the mix so as the fish pick on the food the reef chili comes off and feeds the corals. The food never disintegrates in the bag so the fish usually take about 3 hours to finish it. so, the reef gets fed for 3 hours a day. most people just throw in a bunch of food and a lot of it gets wasted and just dies off in your system create a nutrient spike.

Hopefully this help!

Do you feed your Tenuis any popular coral foods on the market besides fishes eating from the bag of American Marine HPD pooping on your corals?

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you run miracle mud... whats your thoughts on it? Im thinking of running it on my new system... what do you notice benefits. And what lighting schedule do you run? How do you run them blues, whites etc

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Nice thread. What skimmer and algae reactor are you going with for the new tank. What's on the others?
I've narrowed down a recent issue to highly related to an old RO/DI unit with possibly a faulty TDS meter and was already leaning towards what you do. Also noticed on my new unit that I'm 9 or 10 after RO and started to hit 1 on the next reading location after just about 400 gallons made....matching up with what you've seen.

For the old tank i use the CLear water scrubber for algae scrubber and Deltec for skimmer. I will use the same setup for the new tank.... yes i think alot of TDS meters are faulty and something is getting through that we cannot detect.. i am very strict the moment i see 1 in between the DI resenns i change everything LOL...

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Do you feed your Tenuis any popular coral foods on the market besides fishes eating from the bag of American Marine HPD pooping on your corals?
I feed them Reef CHIlli. i put this into the american reef HPD MIX. i also feed a lot of phytoplankton. I get this from Algae barne. I think the Phyto makes a huge difference with PE and color and overall health

BeeGriff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed them Reef CHIlli. i put this into the american reef HPD MIX. i also feed a lot of phytoplankton. I get this from Algae barne. I think the Phyto makes a huge difference with PE and color and overall health
How do you dose the phytoplankton? Just pour in with feeding or is it dosed throughout the day?

fishfong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much Shane for sharing your information regarding feeding lots of Algae Barne phytoplankton to all your beautiful tenuis and making a huge difference for PE and color. I am clicking on Algae Barne site now.

fishfong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much Shane for sharing your information regarding feeding lots of Algae Barne phytoplankton to all your beautiful tenuis and making a huge difference for PE and color. I am clicking on Algae Barne site now.
Are you feeding your Tenuis Algae Barn Ocean Magic live phytoplankton?

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I see you run miracle mud... whats your thoughts on it? Im thinking of running it on my new system... what do you notice benefits. And what lighting schedule do you run? How do you run them blues, whites etc

Hello yes i use the MUD. its just something i always used from the beginning so i am not sure the affect of the corals TBO.. now that i use it and the corals look good i don't want to change something and not use it. i use the Radion ab plus schedule with no deviations it is not an all blue schedule the blues are turned up 100% and then white is at 20%

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back