brandon429

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Team

how many times did we need to know your alkalinity to turn out cycles ready here with fish

or your ph or any other param

if you have water, and time depending on the boosters used, you get a full complete cycle and not a partial one. Someone update the cycling rules for the hobby with this info, we're out to page 15 testing it and its working fine.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again from the same poster we get stated concern over nitrite and links to show nitrite toxicity that aren’t from reef tanks. There’s a reason no reef tanks are used to show nitrite toxicity, its because no reef tank has ever reached nitrite toxicity.

We use cycling reef aquariums here to make rules about reef tank cycling. All our examples are other peoples cycles

***send any participant on this cycling thread a private message, ask how their cycle worked out

the above link runs in direct contrast to our thread here. Notice how multiple purchases were made in response to a stuck cycle (which does not occur in reefing)

NEW CYCLERS:

take all your concerns about ammonia and nitrite and dispense with them, you can see from our works those are so easy to handle we don’t need to test for either one. Aim ALL your concerns into fish disease preps, that’s where your losses will begin.

Last edited:

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I for one appreciate your advise on cycling Brandon. It makes sense to me how you describe it. I saw the cycle happening in my tests. Knew from the time since I started my ammonia readings were wrong. Added some happy fish that are still with me. And when I used my seneye a bit later it just confirmed no ammonia. Some people might just be more comfortable when test kits show what they should. We trust them for so much with these tanks it’s hard to accept they don’t do a good job accurately tracking the cycle a lot of the time.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for posting

the only reason I’m on an antisocial soap box rant for cycling lol is because I want that gap between buyers and sellers cycling science closed, and evened out.
Right now the gap is massive

we are taught doubt, risk and fear of consequence in cycling to make us buy more reinforcements

I want new reef tank cyclers to be exactly as able and resolved and in need of no reinforcements just like convention skip cyclers. With each testimony added here we change away from a dependent mode and into a 100% name the desired start date and we’ll meet it mode.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Team

Here, the purveyors of false stuck cycle myths have this aquarist so concerned over false free ammonia they've stopped feeding fish altogether.

***this is not the new aquarist's fault** he's being given false fear from links and proofs that haven't used one single reef tank in them so far, look at the trend**

Log this as outcomes to using old cycling science, compare to outcomes in our fifteen pages here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

a break from our pattern. Look at the issues there where the umpires are using solely old cycling science, no seneye data, and have proclaimed that his tank no longer follows a basic cycling chart.

see how they do not inform him of Tan conversion needs, it’s always this way in false stuck cycle threads. He’s approaching three times the required wait time for a fed, Dr Tims bottle bac cycle. Notice his start date: umpires didn’t and won’t name a clear start date

per our thread: change your water and begin ten days ago, your start date like all twenty pages here is assigned based on your reef but tracked in seneye threads, where they actually have a chance to know how long it takes bottle bac to lower the initial ammonia dosed (the same day it’s added. We wait an extra week to allow for implantation onto surfaces)

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I made that link the second required reading for us on post number one, to be ahead of the loss curve we will be the first to link disease control above ammonia control concerns in reef tank cycling.

there are no bottled dosers you can buy and dump into a display in order to prevent or remove disease.

since nobody can find an example of a stalled cycle, or inability to carry initial bioload, we can assume as of 2021 those parameters are going to be handled in a common cycling setup and we now highlight the real killer of the fish- disease, by skipping fallow preps for the cycling tank.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Look how bad nano-reef.com needs our thread here. Anyone with a dual membership, link us to them for cross site study and testing. I bet if he adds life right now, it lives as our pages show. that's typical no TAN api test kit evaluation the peers who are telling him he's not cycled are doing

Dan_P explained TAN conversions to me not long ago and that's helped discern the nature of these false stuck cycle threads.

I dont post there but rtr and nr.com are friendly forums, nobody from either site minds cross linking. Id be curious to see if they consider, or instantly disregard our fifteen pages of cycles that directly match that one above and are now solved.

after TAN conversion on the stated ranges above. those tanks are starting at 2ppm free ammonia and moving down to .05 or .025, a massive movement that only a cycled tank can run. on seneye they'd never have this concern as of 4 weeks ago :)

They had him buy more bottled bac, and still told him it wasnt ready.
show them this post and we can do a cross forum analysis.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, we are at 100% efficacy on page fifteen no outliers. pick any reef that contributed here, message the owner, see if they liked updated cycling advice vs old cycling advice. All entrants had a seemingly stuck cycle before posting.

the # thing we do here vs all other cycling threads is name an exact start date for literally any cycling arrangement they want to post up. 100% of the time that start date was met accurately...this means we could all take our tanks to MACNA were we so invited lol while all the forum cyclers will be left missing the convention, stuck at .25 perpetually.

that link above from nano-reef.com was meant to highlight how peers tell each other they're not cycled, when in fact they were fully cycled about three or four weeks ago there. its a contrast study it in total untimeliness vs complete compliance to any desired start date. link us to that post, Im so curious to see if they'll read 15 pages or not. depends on how bad they want the new science I'd guess. most are ok with an indefinite wait.

side note
just closed out another false stall, right before they were about to buy more bottle bac 3 months in:

Last edited:

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, we are at 100% efficacy on page fifteen no outliers. pick any reef that contributed here, message the owner, see if they liked updated cycling advice vs old cycling advice. All entrants had a seemingly stuck cycle before posting.

the # thing we do here vs all other cycling threads is name an exact start date for literally any cycling arrangement they want to post up. 100% of the time that start date was met accurately...this means we could all take our tanks to MACNA were we so invited lol while all the forum cyclers will be left missing the convention, stuck at .25 perpetually.

that link above from nano-reef.com was meant to highlight how peers tell each other they're not cycled, when in fact they were fully cycled about three or four weeks ago there. its a contrast study it in total untimeliness vs complete compliance to any desired start date. link us to that post, Im so curious to see if they'll read 15 pages or not. depends on how bad they want the new science I'd guess. most are ok with an indefinite wait.
I doubt it. please answer my question.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your question- it seemed as if you read the title of the thread wrong then asked me if my tank was cycled. I dont own a cycling reef.
what was the question I truly will answer it.

if you are meaning directed towards someone who participated here, send them a dm that w prompt em to reply, they may not be subbed here.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are thinking if we killed someone's reef, they won't post back here with zest? :)

that's why working with other's tanks is so savory, they want to report the slightest noncompliance. when we dont hear back, the tanks are happy.

maybe you’re a skeptic without any cause, that’s good if so. We want only science here that skeptics will accept, link any pertinent info if you’d like.

Here’s a challenge to refine what you’re skeptical about: lets see a neutral example of a fail, other than from here.

can you post an example of a stalled cycle you have seen in your reefing practice, as a link? any forum, any tank example?

we are looking for dead animals, not a disagreeing API/that's the point of this thread is to inspect misreporting in today's cycle assessments.

was hoping you can show us a stalled cycle example, just any one you might search out online even if from years ago. In order to disagree here we need to see your worst case outcome example.

see how hard you're having to search but can’t find much? that means something... There was supposed to be BIG consequences for cycle stalls, we can't find any though. reading a few pages might change your stance on cycling, but even if not some links collected in your experiences will help us see risks we are taking here.

Last edited:

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your question- it seemed as if you read the title of the thread wrong then asked me if my tank was cycled. I dont own a cycling reef.
what was the question I truly will answer it.

if you are meaning directed towards someone who participated here, send them a dm that w prompt em to reply, they may not be subbed here.
Just asking if the so said person added a fish. Its a very simple question. Can yo answer the question please?

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which person are you talking about

ive never seen someone press something this nonspecific

it seems as if you’re not interested in real dialog.

what is a so said person

Simply be clear on which aquarium you’re talking about

-we aren’t getting a link from you are we (do we ever)

It seems your follow up post to this one still won’t be clear on which aquarium you want feedback on, that’s a solid contribution for sure. Sincerity appreciated

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck of a post legacy to build. Ignored.

Reefcentral would have lasted much longer if they had a post divorce button lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Team

sincere participation in this thread when it occurs is obvious, people offer tanks to track- or questions we can match quickly with other tanks on file

we are open to any legitimate links or discussions involving cycling.

awaiting the next real challenge.

Last edited:

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for posting

the only reason I’m on an antisocial soap box rant for cycling lol is because I want that gap between buyers and sellers cycling science closed, and evened out.
Right now the gap is massive

Ain't gonna happen. There is too much money to be made selling quack products.

The science is brutally simple and indisputable. When you add ammonia to an ecosystem nitrobacter and nitrosomonas grow to consume it. Ammonia is not a toxin to most organisms on earth. Its yummy food. When you drop a heavy object
it falls to the floor.

Stuck cycles ranks up there with urban lore like muffler bearings and right handed baseballs.

What happens after a tank initially cycles up until 6months or so is way more problematic. Reef industry needs to find a solution to mature tanks faster and more consistently, not push cycling gimmicks that are a solution in search of a problem.

OP
OP
brandon429

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Blaster. Agreed. We continue showing cycles to not get stuck here solely for those wanting to veer away from current methods that keep us as buyers and continual doubters

I want this to be the only cycling thread on the web where the start date is as clear as can possibly be, an actual day listed relative to each presentation. Any other cycling thread we can find will have no specifics, we can use that as the marker between old and new cycling science (new for the buyers)

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back