Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Kenya Tree that we call Mini Me. Ordered online. Dipped it like a good reefer. And it melted. Completely gone without a trace in 24 hours. Or was it. Some weeks later I was looking at the coralline covered rock that it came on and thought I saw something. Mini Me has now been fragged many times in the last two years. Parts of Mini Me have existed in three different tanks. Tough little guy!

minime.jpg

Last edited:

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There it is. A lonely 3 polyps of Scrambled Eggs.

Tank Shot 2.jpg

It has grown over the last few months and is now battling for territory with the Bloodsuckers. It appears to be loosing. I need to clip off a couple of Bloodsucker polyps to keep it at bay.

1630475275902.png

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This is my Kenya Tree that we call Mini Me. Ordered online. Dipped it like a good reefer. And it melted. Completely gone without a trace in 24 hours. Or was it. Some weeks later I was looking at the coralline covered rock that it came on and thought I saw something. Mini Me has now been fragged many times in the last two years. Parts of Mini Me have existed in three different tanks. Tough little guy!

minime.jpg
That’s amazing isn’t it! What did you use to dip?

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0

There it is. A lonely 3 polyps of Scrambled Eggs.

Tank Shot 2.jpg

It has grown over the last few months and is now battling for territory with the Bloodsuckers. It appears to be loosing. I need to clip off a couple of Bloodsucker polyps to keep it at bay.

1630475275902.png
That’s some good growth! How long have you had the scrambled eggs for to have them grow so much for you

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
In my current tank, this was added on day one (freebie from the LFS when I bought my rock), tank was filled in the morning and added the rock and this guy in the afternoon. Has looked great every day since (is twice as big now).

940B1DB5-6D8F-497D-8056-AB8ECDF66AF1.jpeg
This mad it through the cycle and all that’s pretty impressive! What’s the tank look like how and how long has it been running for

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s some good growth! How long have you had the scrambled eggs for to have them grow so much for you
Thanks! Reading what some others say about the growth of their zoas, it seems like it might not be impressive in the end. I have had these for 5 months now, but it took them a while to start growing new heads.

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks! Reading what some others say about the growth of their zoas, it seems like it might not be impressive in the end. I have had these for 5 months now, but it took them a while to start growing new heads.
No that’s still pretty good. Do you have a lot of fish in the tank.

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No that’s still pretty good. Do you have a lot of fish in the tank.
No fish, but I spot feed them with Reef Roids a few times a week. I have had the Bloodsuckers behind them for about the same amount of time and they have grown faster than the Scrambled Eggs. Those things are pigs! I am honestly amazed that a polyp can eat as much at one time as the Bloodsuckers do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
No fish, but I spot feed them with Reef Roids a few times a week. I have had the Bloodsuckers behind them for about the same amount of time and they have grown faster than the Scrambled Eggs. Those things are pigs! I am honestly amazed that a polyp can eat as much at one time as the Bloodsuckers do.
Do you have a current tank shot. I’m interested in seeing a almost fishless reef.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s pretty awesome! What kinda fish do you have?
Thanks!
There is an aurora goby and a female mocha clown somewhere in there…the mocha killed my male occy.
In qt I have a royal gramma and I’m undecided on my 4th fish, maybe a blenny or damsel?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back