Keenan's 40 Rimless

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good eye! Yes, he’s a GSP :) He’s off at obedience camp for a month which means I’ll finally have some time for the new tank!
My grandfather always had pointers so I love them! I love hunting dog breeds so much!! They definitely have their own personalities and energy levels though haha

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank has been reborn! Well actually it was spun back up shortly after decommissioning it, and is now an anemone tank. It's been up and running for a year now I think. I've let it do it's own thing with minimal maintenance and it's been cruising along. Finally took the time to give it a deep cleaning and feel it's ready for it's first mini photo shoot. But first, the livestock list:

2x Aptasia Eating Filefish
2x CB Percula Clowns
1x Convict Tang (~2inches)

For corals/nems:
Some Acanlord Rainbow anemones
Some unknown insane orange anemones I pickup up from a local reefer last year who purchased his original mother from Diver's Den ~5-6 years ago
Some purple gorgonian

I did have what I believed to be a CSB but it was tiny and withered away rather quickly when moved to this tank. Oh well. The tank gets a 10% water change whenever I perform one on the main display and I switch out the filter floss once a week if I remember. It's lit by an AI Hydra 26, and has an MP40 for flow. I still really need to add a cleanup crew in the tank, but other than that it remains on cruise control. That's about it I think :) Time for pics.

FTS (Tank was still a bit cloudy after WC)

Unknown orange nem compared to my Acanlord rainbow to show just how vibrant these are

Macro shots of unknown nem

Baby Convict Tang

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! What is the filtration and the feeding routine for this tank? thank you. Also do you test it?

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! What is the filtration and the feeding routine for this tank? thank you. Also do you test it?

I do not test for this tank aside from salinity once in a blue moon. I have a temp and ph prob on it however. Feed once a day (flakes mainly) and filtration is just pond matrix with filter floss and some carbon every now and then. Pretty simple and easy :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The tank has been reborn! Well actually it was spun back up shortly after decommissioning it, and is now an anemone tank. It's been up and running for a year now I think. I've let it do it's own thing with minimal maintenance and it's been cruising along. Finally took the time to give it a deep cleaning and feel it's ready for it's first mini photo shoot. But first, the livestock list:

2x Aptasia Eating Filefish
2x CB Percula Clowns
1x Convict Tang (~2inches)

For corals/nems:
Some Acanlord Rainbow anemones
Some unknown insane orange anemones I pickup up from a local reefer last year who purchased his original mother from Diver's Den ~5-6 years ago
Some purple gorgonian

I did have what I believed to be a CSB but it was tiny and withered away rather quickly when moved to this tank. Oh well. The tank gets a 10% water change whenever I perform one on the main display and I switch out the filter floss once a week if I remember. It's lit by an AI Hydra 26, and has an MP40 for flow. I still really need to add a cleanup crew in the tank, but other than that it remains on cruise control. That's about it I think :) Time for pics.

FTS (Tank was still a bit cloudy after WC)

Unknown orange nem compared to my Acanlord rainbow to show just how vibrant these are

Macro shots of unknown nem

Baby Convict Tang

Looks great and I love that Convict!

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this tank! Do you still have it? if yes, any updates you can post?

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this tank! Do you still have it? if yes, any updates you can post?
Hey Ramona, yes I still have it and can try to take an updated FTS. I mainly only update my 525xl tank thread as that’s my main display (link in my signature) but I’ll try to update this one more often.

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be great. Many of us have small tanks and would benefit from your experience and knowledges.

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple photos and a video. Settings must have been wrong on my camera for the video as it's a bit grainy, my apologies.

I have mainly Fishfoo Conflagration nems in here, but there are a couple rainbows as well

Video of some happy maroon clowns

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean looking tank for all those anemones. WOW!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A couple photos and a video. Settings must have been wrong on my camera for the video as it's a bit grainy, my apologies.

I have mainly Fishfoo Conflagration nems in here, but there are a couple rainbows as well

Video of some happy maroon clowns

WOW! Those are BRIGHT!!

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean looking tank for all those anemones. WOW!
Appreciate it, although it’s not always this clean. It was right after a water change so I cheated a bit :)
WOW! Those are BRIGHT!!
Thanks! Yeah they’re pretty crazy nems. The original mother was purchased from divers den over 6 years ago

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it! Thank you! I am working on a mostly BTA tank also, a 33 gal AIO. Could you please summarise the set up/equipment, sand, lights, maintanence, dosing, feeding.....when you get a chance? is there any other coral living peacefully?

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The setup is as simple as it gets:

4 bulb ATI Powermodule
1 Nero 5 powerhead
A bunch of seachem pond matrix and some filter floss in the back chambers
Some cheap $20 return pump off Amazon

for maintenance I do a water change on it whenever I’m doing one on my 525xl, which I around once every 3 weeks. I do gravel vac my sand during every water change but that’s about it. No secret methods or additives. Just nice and simple. I can’t tell you what my parameters are because aside from salinity I never test this tank. I brodcast feed flake food and sometimes frozen food.

I tried to keep some acans and duncans in here with the nems but the nems took over quickly and so now it’s just them and two lightning maroon clowns

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You had Radion XR30 Gen 3 non-pro, then AI Hydra 26, what made you to change to T5s? Why not Radion? Ever had Kessil? Sorry for so many questions.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back