Keenan's 40 Rimless

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank with great growth.
What do you have around the powerheads for protection?

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank with great growth.
What do you have around the powerheads for protection?

I used to use the foam guards but recently switched to the 3D printed plastic guards BRS started selling. So far they’re alright but SUPER bulky and I feel like they lower my flow.

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing Acropower for around a month, and so far have been pleased with the results. One thing I noticed however was that the skin on my RRC OP looks thicker and almost like a powder is on it. Kind of interesting

Other sticks that are starting to take off. Grow grow grow!

This WD from POTO has been stalled out for over a year now. Maybe it'll find new life in the new tank.

I need to get some new pics of the lunatus. His color is truly something these days. Can't wait to see him in a larger tank.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing Acropower for around a month, and so far have been pleased with the results. One thing I noticed however was that the skin on my RRC OP looks thicker and almost like a powder is on it. Kind of interesting

Other sticks that are starting to take off. Grow grow grow!

This WD from POTO has been stalled out for over a year now. Maybe it'll find new life in the new tank.

I need to get some new pics of the lunatus. His color is truly something these days. Can't wait to see him in a larger tank.
Looking absolutely gorgeous Keenan!! :D Fantastic colours and photos!

Would love to see some photo's of the lunatus too :D

Will W

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before adding acropower did you have high nuttinutr in the tank?

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before adding acropower did you have high nuttinutr in the tank?
My nitrates are usually ~10ppm and PO4 ~0.1

Looking absolutely gorgeous Keenan!! :D Fantastic colours and photos!

Would love to see some photo's of the lunatus too :D
I'll get one next time for sure!

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to report on really. Things are on cruise control for the most part and corals are growing. A lot of corals are starting to encroach on one another, which I was going to try and prevent by removing them and transferring them to the new tank before it happened. However, that's not the case and doesn't seem like it will be for a little while longer. Oh well..

I moved the Lunatus to the RSR to give it more swimming space as it was very cramped in there. I still needed some type of bio-load, so I moved the tiny Tomini tang I've had in quarantine for the past couple months into the 40gal. It still has some lateral line disease so I'm keeping it in there by itself so I can monitor it without risking other fish. I've tried quite the assortment of meds and supplements for this guy already so we'll see what happens.

Below are some progress pics of some corals. Really cool to see how much some of them have grown.

RRA Orange Passion - July 5th 2017: not even the size of my pinky nail

April 15th 2019: I've had this nub for over two years and it hasn't grown AT ALL due to how much I've moved it around and how tiny it was to begin with.

July 30th 2019: Since dosing Acropower and leaving it in one place, it FINALLY has taken off! I've seen some good growth in all of my coral since dosing acropower, but this was the most exciting one to see finally wake up.

SC Dynamite - July 5th 2017: 1.5 eye booger

May 12th 2019: 14+ eyes (Edit: Checked tonight and it’s at 30+ eyes now)

Aqua SD Rainbow Phoenix - February 15th 2017: Another one I moved around a lot.

February 19th 2018: Finally left it alone

May 12th 2019: Definitely a slow grower but the color get better and better the more it grows.

July 30th 2019: Very hard to accurately capture the color of this one, but it's one of my favorites. Looks a lot more yellow in person.

WWC Heartbreaker - March 17th 2018

May 12th 2019: Another one that hadn't really done anything until I left it be and started dosing acropower.

Just a picture I thought was interesting..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As some may have inferred based on the tank being for sale, it has officially been decommissioned. Most of the contents made the switch to the new tank, with a few not making the cut. It's bitter sweet, however I just don't see myself having the time or commitment to maintain two separate systems. Partly due to this guy below who's been a handful. I appreciate everyone who followed along with me through this build, and hope you continue to do the same with the RSR 525XL. Thanks :)

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As some may have inferred based on the tank being for sale, it has officially been decommissioned. Most of the contents made the switch to the new tank, with a few not making the cut. It's bitter sweet, however I just don't see myself having the time or commitment to maintain two separate systems. Partly due to this guy below who's been a handful. I appreciate everyone who followed along with me through this build, and hope you continue to do the same with the RSR 525XL. Thanks :)

With a face like that surely he's no trouble at all! :p German Shorthaired Pointer?? I adooorrreee pointers :D

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a face like that surely he's no trouble at all! :p German Shorthaired Pointer?? I adooorrreee pointers :D
Good eye! Yes, he’s a GSP :) He’s off at obedience camp for a month which means I’ll finally have some time for the new tank!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back