Keenan's 40 Rimless

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Janci. The growth has been great, even a few of my sps nubs are finally starting to sprout branches. With my tank being as small as it is though, and with how many corals I've crammed into it, I was not smart about spacing frags out. Now that they're established and growing, I'm running into some coral warfare.

Thanks.
Would you mind sharing an updated FTS?

Will W

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with your experience with Flame Wrasses, do you think they are a more difficult/finicky wrasse to take care of or no?

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
November was quite the busy month. We closed on our new house in the beginning of the month, and a new house means a new tank!

Only kidding, still sticking with the 40gal (for now) :rolleyes: I did however add a third "floating" rock structure by gluing the rock to some extra Tunze magnets I had lying around. Still undecided on if it will stay or go.

The move went smooth. No fish/coral losses, so I'll chalk it up to a success. I also told myself when I moved I was going to address the rats nest of cords surrounding the tank. The cabinet seems to have resolved this issue, and the area around the tank looks much cleaner now.

Now I mentioned there were no fish losses during the move, but unfortunately a few weeks before the move I woke up to my pintail wrasse dead. This fish had been in my tank for about a year and a half with no issues or signs of illness whatsoever. Very frustrating having nothing to go off of or fix...

With the pintail gone, and rehoming the McCullochi Dottyback, there was a lot of empty swimming space in the tank that needed to be filled. I started by adding a male Melanesian Hooded Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus) from LADD. He's a beauty, and will help replace the red color I lost with the dottyback.

Feeding time

There is also a resident in QT at the moment

I ordered the Lunate Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus lunatus) and another fish for overnight delivery, however my luck with fish shipments somewhat ran out this time as there was a holdup halfway through, and Fedex wasn't able to deliver it for another day. When I received the box, one of the fish was DOA, and the Lunate was alive, but just barely. Thankfully he bounced back and was eating some LRS fish eggs by the next day. Once he looks fully recovered, I will begin medication. Hoping he pulls through as he is already becoming one of my favorites.

Last edited:

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great update.
Congratulations with the new home and successful move.

That Lunatus is a pretty addition. We all hope he pulls through.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
November was quite the busy month. We closed on our new house in the beginning of the month, and a new house means a new tank!

Only kidding, still sticking with the 40gal (for now) :rolleyes: I did however add a third "floating" rock structure by gluing the rock to some extra Tunze magnets I had lying around. Still undecided on if it will stay or go.

The move went smooth. No fish/coral losses, so I'll chalk it up to a success. I also told myself when I moved I was going to address the rats nest of cords surrounding the tank. The cabinet seems to have accomplished this issue, and the area around the tank looks much cleaner now.

Now I mentioned there were no fish losses during the move, but unfortunately a few weeks before the move I woke up to my pintail wrasse dead. This fish had been in my tank for about a year and a half with no issues or signs of illness whatsoever. Very frustrating having nothing to go off of or fix...

With the pintail gone, and rehoming the McCullochi Dottyback, there was a lot of empty swimming space in the tank that needed to be filled. I started by adding a male Melanesian Hooded Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus) from LADD. He's a beauty, and will help replace the red color I lost with the dottyback.

Feeding time

There is also a resident in QT at the moment

I ordered the Lunate Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus lunatus) and another fish for overnight delivery, however my luck with fish shipments somewhat ran out this time as there was a holdup halfway through, and Fedex wasn't able to deliver it for another day. When I received the box, one of the fish was DOA, and the Lunate was alive, but just barely. Thankfully he bounced back and was eating some LRS fish eggs by the next day. Once he looks fully recovered, I will begin medication. Hoping he pulls through as he is already becoming one of my favorites.

Nice update. Looking good after the move!

Will W

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the Pintail. What do you do for QT with Wrasses?

Will W

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
Keenan

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Days 1-3: Watch for any signs of issues and start feeding.
Days 4-7: Prazi treatment
Days 8,9: Water change and carbon
Days 10-13: Prazi treatment
Days 14-16: Water change and carbon
Day 17: Start Copper

If I still think the fish has intestinal worms I will try Seachem Metroplex and bind it to food with Seachem Focus

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back