Kessil A360x - Reliability Issues, please help!

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am going to try and make this short as it has been an ongoing issue with Kessil's I have purchased for my FOWLR tank. The tank is 210gal, 72" L so I have (3) Kessil's connected via link cable using WiFi dongle. The original setup was that the Kessil's were actually under the canopy and built my own mounting hardware - about 6" above surface of water. I had replaced about 4 or 5 times, different lights throughout a year - it was frustrating to say the least. Kessil support told me I need to mount lights above Canopy at least 9" above surface or else they cannot replace any more lights. I have done that (see pics) and lights have been running fine for about 6 months, then yesterday one light stopped working. Has anyone run into this problem?

I find it hard to believe that I am the only one experiencing this as I also clean lights on a regular schedule and there is no salt creep on the lights.

I doubt that Kessil will replace the broken light and I will need to buy another for $400. I am to a point where I am ready to just buy some cheap brand lights off amazon and call it a day! but I do like the ramp up schedule, etc. on these lights. Any recommendation on cheap lights that give similar options with schedules, etc?

Thanks

OP
OP
A

attilak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
forgot pic - sorry!

Attachments

• 20210503_222317.jpg
    20210503_222317.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 83

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first impression is the light mounted like that will absolutely over heat. I made my own kessil hybrid years ago with a360 and they over heated as well. You can really use any light on a Fowler

Back