13   0   0
mandarin.jpg

Nart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my goodness... this might be my favorite forum thread of all time. @Stella1979

Here is mine back when I had her. I only had her for a short period. Long story, but I couldn't get her to pack on weight, so I did the right thing and asked the LFS to take her back.
IMG_6984.jpg

I am prepping my 60G for another though :D

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sooooo jealous. We had a very mature 500g reef a number of years ago. I bought a mandarin but it didn’t live long. A year later I tried again. The second one died too. Since then I’ve been scared to try another. This was 15-16 years ago and collection methods are probably better, but the thought of killing another gorgeous fish makes me sad.

Are the captive bred ones hardier and easier to feed? I’d love to get one. It would have to accept frozen mysis or something because I have a six line that is a hunting machine. Any opinions?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Is that its true color ? What is it called? Would love to get a couple
Red mandarin Goby. Saltwaterfish.com

Lui1521

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sooooo jealous. We had a very mature 500g reef a number of years ago. I bought a mandarin but it didn’t live long. A year later I tried again. The second one died too. Since then I’ve been scared to try another. This was 15-16 years ago and collection methods are probably better, but the thought of killing another gorgeous fish makes me sad.

Are the captive bred ones hardier and easier to feed? I’d love to get one. It would have to accept frozen mysis or something because I have a six line that is a hunting machine. Any opinions?

I beleive that they are hardier. They would eat frozen cyclops, pellets and mysis. I had to turn all the pumps off for 30 mins though to give it a chance to take bits since he’s a slow eater. Not sure about the six line since I don’t have one.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back