Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RobZilla04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heat won't necessarily be an issue; depends on what type lighting you choose. LED will generally run very cool and can be contained in a nearly enclosed hood/canopy. Ive got a pair inside of a canopy with two rows of 1 1/2" holes for ventilation. T5HO lighting can have an open top hood to allow for plenty of heat transfer. These days many folks are looking into cheap & simple cooling fans typically used for small electronics/cabinets.

Realizing how small that tank is, a simple thin cardboard style board could be formed. Advantage is light weight and likely could be supported by a gooseneck light mount such as an AI Prime HD.

The real question is what is it going to be stocked with? Fish only = cheap small Amazon light. Fish & coral or fish & nems = more requirements in light spectrum/intensity.

RobZilla04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely no fish in the tank. Softies for sure, I'd like to try my hand at some easy SPS though.

Easy SPS, possibly birdsnest. The trick is going to be packing everything they need into such a small system. Flow is a major requirement. Not impossible but tricky without a doubt.

OP
OP
Anthony Kochevar

Anthony Kochevar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually thinking about going with the Aquamaxx Prism and forgetting the hood. Anyone have experience with this light keeping SPS?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.5%
Back