Lighting Suggestions

PSims113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the process of setting up my first tank. I had originally planned a fowlr tank, but after the rabbit hole of brstv youtube vidoes I feel a little more confident about corals (or at least softies & some LPS varities) so I'm looking for lighting recommendations - I have a 37 gallon column (18 x 20 x 24). Would one AI Prime 16 HD LED be enough? Do you have a better suggestion that doesn't completely eat my paycheck?

Young@Heart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check the Light Specifications (Find a Light cone/Intensity Graph or Graphic for your Light if possible) against the Tank Depth - consider your corals position in the tank -Top, Middle, Bottom. Also consider how high you need to place the lights off the water line - Think PAR - I have 2 AP700's on my 180 Gallon (60x24x31 (2 inch Sand Bed) the Lights are 10 Inches above the water line)). Also consider Spectrum and timing you will use.

theocorals537

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Online it says it can do a 24”x24”. I’m assuming this is for soft corals. Do you know what type of corals you want? definitly wouldn’t be enough for sps IMO

OP
OP
PSims113

PSims113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Online it says it can do a 24”x24”. I’m assuming this is for soft corals. Do you know what type of corals you want? definitly wouldn’t be enough for sps IMO
My current wishlist includes:
Sinularia Leather
Toadstool
Euphyllia
Duncan
Candy Cane
Mushroom
Xenia

Not that I would do all of the above necessarily, but really just looking at soft or LPS that will hopefully put up with some beginner mistakes.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back