Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sreefs Oregon, Corvallis area

I’m not a member of EBay.

Maybe my fellow reefers here have nice cultures and can send me some worms?:)
The white ones! Not the coral eating ones!

Aqua Man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anybody order from here? Are these the correct white worms?

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The seller “Food” on Aquabid is the “White Worm Man”. He sells good cultures and is close to you in Veneta, OR

Last edited:

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't want to use the blackworms as someone said it'll dirty up your display and that you have to do a water change or something to that effect , which I don't really want to get into as I just dont see me doing that.
I’ve been feeding live blackworms for years. They don’t foul up your water. I suppose if you dump the water in with the worms it could but not sure why anyone would do that. I just grab a large pinch of them right out of the container and dunk it in the water. They wiggle for about half a minute. That is if they’re not eaten by then.

mborn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anybody order from here? Are these the correct white worms?

I’ve ordered them and they are the correct ones. Here’s my culture after a couple of months, enjoying some bread. They appear to be doing well and I’ve already expanded to a larger container.
343DFBAD-E1F4-4AF7-AC3C-63CE8136D44D.jpeg

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how often do you guys feed your fish these white worms then, if not every day ?

And @Rybren, you might want to look here for some blackworms. I haven't ordered any from these guys, but found them while searching for something on the east coast, as I live in Fla.
Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm in Canada and getting them across the border can be an issue. Plus, shipping fees to here can be crazy. None of the local stores have been able to bring them in for a few years. :(

hans4811

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how often do y'all feed worms, black and/or white, to your fish ? Every day...every other day...what else besides worms? I was thinking on trying clams and worms, either black or white, or both. Currently, I'm feeding them mysis cubes and alternating between LRS Reef Frenzy and Rods Herbivore frozen.

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed your fish as much variety as you can. and mix it up so they don't get too stuck on any one thing. I have been feeding some combination of white/grindal/black worms to my fish daily for 20+ years with nothing but positive results. I feed other foods in the morning when the fish are hungry, and live in the evening.

Lately I have been alternating between TDO chromaboost and NLS pellets in the morning, and worms in the evening. At least three times per week I will mix in some clams, LRS Reef Frenzy and one other random frozen food. My fish are all fat and healthy on this regimen...

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just fed my tank Clams, mysis, LRS and live whiteworms which I have aprox a million.
I honestly have no idea how people stay in this hobby without feeding live worms. I have been using worms since they were invented by probably Ralph Nader a long time ago. ;Smuggrin

Whiteworms stay alive in salt water for almost 5 days, Like Duh...Whats not to like. Everything except pipefish eat them, I almost ate them myself a few times when I was really hungry. ;Drool

You buy a starter culture for like $15.00 and from then on they are free except for a little dry cat food or bread and yogurt. But they grow 10 times faster on cat food but I don't think you can feed the worms to cats.

You probably shouldn't feed live worms if you quarantine because if you wanted to quarantine the worms for 72 days they would hate you. But for the other 18,000,000 people in the hobby, live worms are the best thing since Face book
(which I feel is the stupidest thing they invented for people with a face, or a book)

The worms do not bury themselves in the substrait in salt water, I am not sure why. But they stay there and just kind of do the Macarana dance inciting the fish like they have a death wish. Mandarins, scooter bleenies copperbands and just about everything else goes nuts for them and they are a perfect food, especially if you are trying to get your fish and keep them immune from everything except global warming and maybe Kim Kardashian. ;Bucktooth

Here are some Jewish worms eating a Matzo.

you feed them matzo? >.>

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed three times a day. Typical day is LRS in morning, Blackworms around 1:00 in afternoon and mysis around 5:00 in evening. I do substitute clam slices a few times a week and occasionally throw in some pellets. Also feed a sheet of algae twice a week.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How "Nutritious" are the worms for fish? Compared to PE Mysis and etc? I have considered doing this but didn't know how beneficial they are versus other food.
They are what you feed them. If you feed brine shrimp algae they become more than just candy. If you feed the worms a well balance worm diet and dont feed them fast food all the time they will very good for your fish. They are naturally high in good fats so ya dont want to ruin that.

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have to train scooter blennys and mandarins to eat them or did it come naturally?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every fish I have put. in QT eats them.
(Paul, please dont say a word)

Jimmyneptune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a mandarin will eat these and get enough nutrition from them?
I would love to set up a 12 gallon cube with a mandarin a nice invert maybe an anemone crab and some LPS and or BTA.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a mandarin will eat these and get enough nutrition from them?
I would love to set up a 12 gallon cube with a mandarin a nice invert maybe an anemone crab and some LPS and or BTA.
Might eat them and might not. They will eat pods, and pods eat a lot of things. They become very nutritious for your fish. A well balanced diet is not just worms.

sreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep the soil moist and on the cool side, they seem to do best! Do not let it dry out.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have to keep the soil moist at all times? Or is it dry?
If its too dry, I think they will die ( think dry crumbling dirt that only cactus live in)
The population will be very small in too dry potting dirt mix and only the ones near the moisture will survive.
If its too wet, mine will crawl out of the container thru the air holes and be plastered all over the lid.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back