Lowering the intensity

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys
Just curious to know I’ve had my AI prime for 4 months I want a softie//LPS tank . I’ve had max out on UV.violet , and blues last week I rented a par meter and realized my sand bed was getting around 200-230 par and the middle of my scape was 260-300 and the top was 400-450.
so what I have is
2 zoa frags
1 Kenya tree
1 hammer
1 ricordea mushroom
Which were all at the bottom of the tank or scape. At the high intensity light ,so I was playing with the par meter and found a schedule and intensity of a sweet 70-160 which I think is perfect for softie/LPS.
is there a way to lower intensity without affecting corals or should I leave it alone ?

MarkAshlee2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys
Just curious to know I’ve had my AI prime for 4 months I want a softie//LPS tank . I’ve had max out on UV.violet , and blues last week I rented a par meter and realized my sand bed was getting around 200-230 par and the middle of my scape was 260-300 and the top was 400-450.
so what I have is
2 zoa frags
1 Kenya tree
1 hammer
1 ricordea mushroom
Which were all at the bottom of the tank or scape. At the high intensity light ,so I was playing with the par meter and found a schedule and intensity of a sweet 70-160 which I think is perfect for softie/LPS.
is there a way to lower intensity without affecting corals or should I leave it alone ?
Truthfully forget the par, just place a coral where you like it, if it likes where you put it then leave it, if it doesn't then place it around til you find a spot it does. As long as your water parameters are good I'm sure you will get good results. I have my lights on my 300 litre four feet wide with two viparspectra 165w placed 18 inches away from the top of the tank and my blue channel on 35 and my whites on 1. And everything is fine and my anemone likes it. Hope this helps.

Back