MA Reefer250

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After trying out the IceCap1k which is a smaller watered down version, and getting to see what it can do, I am seriously considering the Gyre 230 with 2 pumps and controller.. I can also integrate them into Apex to an extent....

Last edited:

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the atlantik at 12" above the tank as far as hot spots is the par fairly even across the whole panel. Even at 12" my SB reef has a defiantly hot spot in the center

I watched BRS's video and it seems pretty even but I'm interested in how it translates in the tank

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I after trying out the IceCap1k which is a smaller watered down version, and getting to see what it can do, I am seriously considering the Gyre 230 with 2 pumps and controller.. I can also integrate them into Apex to an extent....
You’ll never look back if you do it. The control options are pretty endless with the advanced controller.
Also icecap discontinued the the apex gyre module and will be releasing a new version soon I hear. Hopefully one module will allow control of two pumps. The old didnt so i never considered it.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the atlantik at 12" above the tank as far as hot spots is the par fairly even across the whole panel. Even at 12" my SB reef has a defiantly hot spot in the center

I watched BRS's video and it seems pretty even but I'm interested in how it translates in the tank

My initial moutning height was at 14” which is where i took measurements. Coverage was pretty even. Some variations of course but nothing I would consider a hot spot.

Ive onlt recently dropp it to 12” amd havemt messured yet but im mot expecting mych variation. I just got too much spillover at 14” which was where BRS had it om the 4ft tank.

Ill update you when i get around to taking readings again.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My initial moutning height was at 14” which is where i took measurements. Coverage was pretty even. Some variations of course but nothing I would consider a hot spot.

Ive onlt recently dropp it to 12” amd havemt messured yet but im mot expecting mych variation. I just got too much spillover at 14” which was where BRS had it om the 4ft tank.

Ill update you when i get around to taking readings again.

Thanks this is really helping to sell me on the v4. It's crazy overkill for my current tank but I plan on upgrading to a 36"x24" x 18" tall peninsula and the orphek should be perfect for that.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks this is really helping to sell me on the v4. It's crazy overkill for my current tank but I plan on upgrading to a 36"x24" x 18" tall peninsula and the orphek should be perfect for that.

Well I pulled trigger, Atlantik v4 and gateway will be here Friday.

Thanks for helping me make my mind up

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I pulled trigger, Atlantik v4 and gateway will be here Friday.

Thanks for helping me make my mind up
Awesome...So you're the one the bought the last one BRS had! You're gonna love it!

Im actually stuck debating the smaller version or an XR-15 for a cube I recently set up. I want the Orphek but hanging from ceiling isn't an option. The Radion arm may be the deciding factor on this one.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome...So you're the one the bought the last one BRS had! You're gonna love it!

Im actually stuck debating the smaller version or an XR-15 for a cube I recently set up. I want the Orphek but hanging from ceiling isn't an option. The Radion arm may be the deciding factor on this one.

Thanks

Yeah the 10x pts was the deciding factor lol.

It is overkill right now but one of the few LED lights that will work for my future build which is a 36" x 24" x 18" deep tank. It also resolves a current issue which is hot spots and shadowing in my shallow nano tank (it does it in a way overkill fashion but in the long run will be cheaper than buying a light I'll probably not need in 6 month when I upgrade tanks)

As for mounting the current setup I have was actually built with either a radion, v4 or 2 Kessil as in mind so I was ready lol

Len

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just stopped in, seen the video and must say.... that is a happy tank......and I thought we got a lot of snow this year you got hammered.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just stopped in, seen the video and must say.... that is a happy tank......and I thought we got a lot of snow this year you got hammered.
Thanks for popping in! Tanks doing well indeed! Update coming. Got a fish to introduce!

I love the snow... especially when we can measure in feet!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the snow... especially when we can measure in feet!

I used to but ever since I hurt my back and had to give up skiing, I am starting to hate it..... lol ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off to an interesting start today. My return pump crapped out. Probably my fault as it was over due for cleaning. That and i posted two days ago how happy I was with it so you know.... Murphy strikes again! Swapped it out with the spare and we'll see later if I killed it after a good cleaning.

New addition is out of the acclimation box as of last evening. Kinda surprised by the fish that have taken offense. The existing wrasses could almost care less. A little chasing from the Pintail (C. Isocleles) but nothing to worry about. My female clown and a damsel are livid though i expect they'll get over it. New guy ish isn't hiding at all just being kept on his toes.

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a couple of decent shots! Meet Flash!

8C98F9E6-1E9C-4CB4-B989-5DED51717D9A.png

A8742650-C5C0-4116-9EA0-E380DFBE29F4.png

OP
OP
Scurvy

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated FTS. Not a whole lots changed which is good but kinda bored with the Reefer. I can see this getting an upgrade in the not so distant future. Very hands off over the last 6 months.

Attenuatas is settling in nicely. Chasing is dying down. Really just the female clown being a pest at this point.

Return pump was toast even after a good cleaning. Ordered a Neptune COR 15 that ill hook up on the 40B with the new apex and move the return pump currently on it over here...

802DC91D-6D78-4FD4-834C-C7EFC809B26E.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back