jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really loving the bare bottom tank look, too. But since this tank revolves around a burrowing calico box crab, sand seems like a must have haha.
For sure, I would think that rubble of varying sizes would be helpful too. If you have some extra rock lying around, just break it up with a hammer.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Currently debating whether to seed this tank with another order from Tampa Bay Saltwater. Just gotta watch the budget, you know….
If you can pull a couple smaller rocks out of your main tank, that would work, or, you could add some ceramic media to the main tank for a while and let it get occupied by the wonderful diversity of bacteria that you have in your ocean live rock, and then use the media to start the crabitat!

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a crabitat! I have a pretty big red mithrax crab living in this 15.5 gallon Flex along with a few whelks. I call it the "Sin Bin". I am using it for some macro alage grow out as well. Having two tanks is more work, and obviously, the bulk of my time is spent on my main display...

I am just starting an experiment to see if the crab can serve as CUC for the main display by putting parts of equipment covered with algae into the sin bin for cleaning.

IMG_5346.jpg

IMG_5345.jpg

OP
OP
OldRed1

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a crabitat! I have a pretty big red mithrax crab living in this 15.5 gallon Flex along with a few whelks. I call it the "Sin Bin". I am using it for some macro alage grow out as well. Having two tanks is more work, and obviously, the bulk of my time is spent on my main display...

I am just starting an experiment to see if the crab can serve as CUC for the main display by putting parts of equipment covered with algae into the sin bin for cleaning.

IMG_5346.jpg

IMG_5345.jpg
What a beautiful tank! That’s so cool!

TheWackyWiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!!! I've been looking for some Caulerpa Mexicana to add to my Macro Tank. Where did you get yours?

Also, do have any issues with your urchin eating your algae? I've had one in the past that would go straight for my red ogo no matter how much I fed it.

IMG_3069 2.jpg

heres my low tech macro tank

OP
OP
OldRed1

OldRed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great!!! I've been looking for some Caulerpa Mexicana to add to my Macro Tank. Where did you get yours?

Also, do have any issues with your urchin eating your algae? I've had one in the past that would go straight for my red ogo no matter how much I fed it.

IMG_3069 2.jpg

heres my low tech macro tank
Yea, sadly I’ve had to get rid of all my urchins. Your tank looks beautiful! What powerhead is that?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back