need recommendation on reef brite

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for a lighting solution for my 20 gallon nano and I think reef brites have a good solution for me. The nano will only be used for a pair of clownfish and anemones. I've also got very limited space above the tank so the reef brite mount that sits on top of the tank appear to be a great solution for me. The only thing i'm not sure about is, do i want to run their actinic blue or 50/50. I would ideally like to install just 1 strip of lights. Any one have any experience with using reef brites for an anemone tank?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming BTAs or maybe some Condy 'nems? If so, those are very shallow water species and probably would like more than just blue light. I have never tried it and I keep my Colorado Sunburst BTAs under 14k Halides, so it might work, but I would not experiment with a several-thousand-dollar kind to start with.

OP
OP
S

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea its just going to be bta's. nothing fancy. so sounds like the 50/50 light is the way to go?

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were you I would get the lights off of Aliexpress. I would get 2x of the 470nm bar, and then 1x of the white bar. All 3 of those will probably be cheaper than a single Reef Brite.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back