New 2 R2R!

907johnfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

So happy to be here. My names Johnny I live in Anchorage Alaska. I’m brand new to saltwater aquariums and am looking forward to all the learning, pains, and rewards of this wonderful hobby. I just bought a 75 gallon tank as was recommended by the local shop here. I’m trying to figure out what to do with it. I want to build my own stand and go with a sump tank overflow filtration setup. (Not sure if I worded that right) I’m still trying to figure out the fish I want and tank setup. I love the cold water coast of Alaska and it would be awesome to do a coastal line type tank. Thank you so much for your welcoming attitude and support! Again so happy to be starting to get into this community

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
IMG_0084.gif

OP
OP
907johnfish

907johnfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you plan on for a CUC? Will be interesting to see all your cold water inhabits. You'll also need a chiller.
I’m not sure yet, I may start out with a regular reef setup and once I feel comfortable I’ll move to cold water. I’ve read cold water is a lot different. There’s a museum here with a cold tank setup and I was going to pick their brains. Especially since they’ll know where to source equipment.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back