New reef2reef member

• Thread starter User1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

User1

View Badges
Not sure what the format is but noticed this in the moderator sub thread so figured I would pilfer it...

First Name:
Scott

Why You chose your screen name:
No reason really - something that is consistent across a few other forums I frequent.

Current Tank Specs:
40 breeder of which is mostly soft corals. Standard Kenya tree, golden brown leather, Xenia (I know, but I can't resist it), blue clove polyps, green button polyps, and 6 rose bubble tip anemones. I used to have two 29 gallon bio-cubes but the anemones started to split, and grow, and tried to take over the world which is how the 40 breeder came about... Now I have a 240 gallon upgrade in progress which is 30" deep x 30" height x 54" wide.

Area of strength in the hobby:
N/A - although I have been in the saltwater side of fishkeeping since 2000.

Favorite hobby outside reefing:
Scuba diving. Cars - specifically private track days and just now starting HPED / high performance driver education sessions.

General info(?):
Married 32 years (started young). 3 children. One just graduated with her medical biology degree. Another making his way through college, and one moved out starting his career. 30 years military service (4 active duty Air Force of which all are over seas, 26 years traditional Air National Guard). Tick over 50 years old. Nothing else exciting I'd wager other than I'm in the IT industry specializing in application performance and DevOps. Pretty much uneventful. No regrets.

Oh - forgot dogs. Must love dogs! I have a 3 year old German Shepherd. She is my wingman.

OP
OP
U

User1

View Badges
@Big G - thanks. I am not sure how I missed this forum but caught it while watching something on the BRS site. I have to say I really enjoy the vibe and posts. I've spent the weekend playing catch up on a lot of the threads. Figured I'd join. One post lead to two...then I figured I better say hi. Thanks again.

OP
OP
U

User1

View Badges
Welcome to R2R :) Thanks for joining us! Do you mind me asking what your AFSC was?

No, I don't mind. Original AFSC was 462x0 stationed at Kadena AB, Okinawa Japan. F-15 aircraft armament systems. That wing is very active which meant a lot of TDY assignments all over APJ. Was a bit tough and I still don't know how I got assigned a 4 year tour being single (should have been 18 months). Anyway next rotation was hinted in Europe. My better half didn't want to commit to another high tempo unit so we elected to separate from active duty and had back to states. I enjoyed working on airframes so found a guard unit that had fighters and that worked out ok. Over the years Unit mission changed, BRAC, among other things and I changed AFSC's to 1S0x1 / Ground Safety. I actually did Ground Safety and Explosive Safety but that is what I ended my career in.

Family was Navy...long history in Navy so I caught a lot of grief joining the Air Force (but they still loved me :) ).

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I don't mind. Original AFSC was 462x0 stationed at Kadena AB, Okinawa Japan. F-15 aircraft armament systems. That wing is very active which meant a lot of TDY assignments all over APJ. Was a bit tough and I still don't know how I got assigned a 4 year tour being single (should have been 18 months). Anyway next rotation was hinted in Europe. My better half didn't want to commit to another high tempo unit so we elected to separate from active duty and had back to states. I enjoyed working on airframes so found a guard unit that had fighters and that worked out ok. Over the years Unit mission changed, BRAC, among other things and I changed AFSC's to 1S0x1 / Ground Safety. I actually did Ground Safety and Explosive Safety but that is what I ended my career in.

Family was Navy...long history in Navy so I caught a lot of grief joining the Air Force (but they still loved me :) ).
I knew I liked you. I'm currently a 2W1 on F16s ;)

My father was Navy as well.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
giphy.gif

OP
OP
U

User1

View Badges
I knew I liked you. I'm currently a 2W1 on F16s ;)

My father was Navy as well.

Lol - thanks :) We are a pretty tight community honestly (the weapons/armament types that is). I only had a few small sessions during live fire that I did any work on the falcons but know it is a great platform. I can only imagine your load barns / certifications. The eagles at the time are mainly air to air packages.

@all - thank you again for the kind words and welcome.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back