SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good to hear ! How big can they get?

they get about 2' if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, snowflake eels get about 2' long and maybe 3" thick. Probably your average salt shaker in thickness. Dwarf golden morays only get about 1' long and no more than 1" thick. Somewhere between Sharpe marker and the inside of a beer bottle neck.

Sharvey103

ReefAddicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a snowflake and he ate well at first then went on a hunger strike for 6 weeks and is eating great again. Acts just like Robin's eel when he is hungry. I feed my silversides, shrimp and clams.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you are having better luck with him eating! For hobbyists who may not have access to fresh seafood we have a "Chunky" blend for predators which has rapidly become a "go to" food for folks who are acclimating eels and other predators. We recently had a user upload a video to our Facebook page of their ribbon eel eating. They are notorious for not wanting to eat. I didn't mean to insert a plug into your thread but I figured it may help someone else who didn't know there was a product like this available. Good luck! http://www.larrysreefservices.com/lrs-chunky.html

Sharvey103

ReefAddicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you are having better luck with him eating! For hobbyists who may not have access to fresh seafood we have a "Chunky" blend for predators which has rapidly become a "go to" food for folks who are acclimating eels and other predators. We recently had a user upload a video to our Facebook page of their ribbon eel eating. They are notorious for not wanting to eat. I didn't mean to insert a plug into your thread but I figured it may help someone else who didn't know there was a product like this available. Good luck! http://www.larrysreefservices.com/lrs-chunky.html
Larry,

I regularly feed LRS products to my tank. I believe that the 6 weeks I did not see the eel he was picking up some of the LRS chucks that came by :)

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I need to find your foods locally.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have an asian market, and that's exactly where I got my squid from. I figured they must have some and they had a nice selection for cheap so, definitely getting some stuff there in the future. quick question do you think a box of mussels or clams from them would be a nice variety for the fish?
they get about 2' if I'm not mistaken.

I've never feed my eel clams or mussels, but I do feed my predator fish clams on the half shell. I know your niger would greatly appreciate it.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larry,

I regularly feed LRS products to my tank. I believe that the 6 weeks I did not see the eel he was picking up some of the LRS chucks that came by :)

Awesome and thank you!

I need to find your foods locally.

This map is a good place to start, but I have been a little lax updating it since we've been so hectic lately. http://www.larrysreefservices.com/where-to-buy-lrs.html

Let me know if I can assist you in any way.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mfreddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to get the larger clams, like the cherrystone. It's large enough that I can get 2 or 3 good size strips for my snowflake, and still have enough leftover to feed everyone else. They're kinda pricey so we rotate with shrimp and calamari in the evening. They get frozen krill and flake in the morning, and nori/flake at noon.

Mfreddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now mines not eating. After a month of eating like a fish, she goes on a week long hunger strike...

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back